danronian
09-03-2003, 03:45 AM
I am pretty sure I have three oil leaks:
1. valve cover
2. distributer
3. oil pan
4. rubber tube to the back and above oil pan

I also have questions:
2. How hard is it to replace this seal? I know it is leaking and squirting oil everywhere, but should I just deal with it?
4. I think the end nearest the oil pan is leaking, but how do I fix it? Would puting a screw tightened clamp on the tube in place of those wire things do the trick? Or is there an easier solution.

Thanks ahead of time. -Dan

A20A1
09-03-2003, 04:28 AM
buy a moderately oversized rubber o-ring from a hardware store... the ones I get in gasket sets at the auto shops seems to be too thin and don't seal as well as they should. you should take the one you have on the distributor body now, off of the distributor and either trace it onto a sheet of paper to get the aproximate size you need and then you can still drive the accord to the store, or have some one else drive and you can just take the o-ring with you.

you replace it by removing the distributor body (2 bolts LX/DX, 3bolts LX-i/SE-i)... mark the distributor location / angle before you loosen any of the bolts to the distributor. the mark should be made across the head to the distributor body... so you can reallign the two parts easily when you reinstall them.