PDA

View Full Version : 90 teg parts car.

k-roy
09-03-2003, 05:46 PM
A friend of mine is buying a 90 Integra GSR hatch and gutting the drivetrain for his 92 Civic hatch.:super:
I plan on using the front seats. I need to know what else that I can use on my 87LX sedan. I am interested in the front bumper cover and the brakes.

shepherd79
09-03-2003, 06:40 PM
what car are you talking about? teg or crx?
you can't adapt a lot of things from them anyway.

k-roy
09-03-2003, 10:00 PM
The parts car is a 1990 Acura Integra GSR Hatchback. I did not mention anything about a CRX. The drvetrain from the Integra is going into a 92 Civic CX HB. I want to know what I can use from the Integra.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-04-2003, 12:28 AM
Is their any way you could pull the struts of it. We need to get our hands on a set of 88-91 civic/crx/ 90-93 integra struts to take some measurement's of off. We are hoping we can use them on the 3g accords. It's just a small chance, but if they can work, it would mean ALLOT to anyone wanting to lower their car or improve their already lowered 3g. If you can get them, I'll let you know what measurements we need.

Thanks,

Jim C.

86AccordLxi
09-04-2003, 12:55 AM
I didn't think the gsr integra came out til 92? NOt trying to flame, just wondering out of my own curiosity.

Alex

k-roy
09-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Jims 86LXI HB, the car is being purchased on tuesday and we will be pulling the motor next weekend. Let me know what you need measurements on and I can get them to you.
86AccordLxi, thank you for not flaming. I double checked and it is a 90 RS, not a GSR. You were correct about the GSR coming out in 92.

Blue Impact
09-04-2003, 11:23 PM
If you could get the corner lamps for me, that'll be great. And if it's got an aftermarket intake, I'd be interested in the pipe (s) so please PM me. Thanks and good luck with whatever you plan on doing.

k-roy
09-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Blue Impact, the corner lights are crushed, and the short ram intake is being kept for the 92 Civic.
I just took a look at the car last nightf or the first time. The exterior is screwed. The engine runs strong, but has been in an accident. It was rear-ended by a Suburban and rammed into the car in front of it at a stop light. The car did have aftermarket springs/struts that are allready gone. The seats are torn pretty bad so I can say that the only good part of this car is the engine.

Gemini2003
09-16-2004, 02:36 PM
Hey guys I hope I don't get flamed for not searching properly BUT I was at the wreaker today and I found 4 Brand new H&R raceing springs and brand new struts. I will be trying out the new struts and springs this weekend on my 87 LX

Want me to keep you guys posted?

Gemini2003
09-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Sorry! I forgot to add they are off a 90 Integra

NXRacer
09-16-2004, 03:06 PM
the struts wont work, but the springs just might. i just installed a set of 98 civic coilovers on mine. if you find out they work post it up. We're trying to create a list of parts from other cars that work on the 3g's.

Justin86
09-16-2004, 03:22 PM
the struts wont work, but the springs just might. i just installed a set of 98 civic coilovers on mine. if you find out they work post it up. We're trying to create a list of parts from other cars that work on the 3g's.
if you were to shorten the strut they would work, they look exactely the same as ours, just taller

Vanilla Sky
09-16-2004, 03:34 PM
wait... are you saying that these could be a viable means to raise the 3gee, justin??

Justin86
09-17-2004, 09:10 AM
wait... are you saying that these could be a viable means to raise the 3gee, justin??
Well if you wanted yuor car to have a good ground clearence aka.... rally I wouls say drop in a set of fullbodied civic coilovers. If you want a lowered set just shorten the strut rod lenght about 1/2", drop them in and lower it to meet your needs. :D

Gemini2003
09-17-2004, 01:40 PM
I am only a backyard mechanic. My friend that always helps me knows his stuff (he is currently in 4th year) What would the easyist way to shorten the struts be? or is that even a good idea?

Sorry for being a N00b

k-roy
09-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Oh crap this thread. The car was in such awesome shape I decided to buy it for myself. I just said it was thrashed to keep ppl from harassing me for parts. Hehe I just installed JDM P72 rods & Pistons into the block, it should be on the road soon.

maka_RTH
09-17-2004, 01:56 PM
hey, so you're coming along with the teg. that's good to hear. posts some pics of the build up process.

k-roy
09-17-2004, 01:59 PM
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy
Thats about all the pics i have right now. I left the camera in the car so all the new pics are not available yet. Once i get it all done im going to revamp the site and post all the pics I have.

maka_RTH
09-17-2004, 03:26 PM
is it just me? or is there something seriously wrong with those rods... http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/g2ic/album/august/august12.jpg
i need to start working on my page and the "progress" of my 2dr too...

smufguy
09-20-2004, 08:48 AM
is it just me? or is there something seriously wrong with those rods... http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/g2ic/album/august/august12.jpg
i need to start working on my page and the "progress" of my 2dr too...

:wtf: :omg: that is miserable bro.

Robs89LXi
09-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Is that car a 5speed? If it has the P-72 computer, there might be some people interested in that. If you're buddy doesn't use it for his conversion, that is.

k-roy
09-20-2004, 01:18 PM
no no no I got the whole car and its close to completion.
P72 ECUs were not around in 1990. This one has a OBD0 PR4
Yea the rods were fucked, now I have a set of JDM P72 rods and pistons

Gemini2003
09-20-2004, 04:46 PM
well... we did it :-) It took us a little while and most of an 18 case but we installed the Integra Struts and lowering Springs. In order to use the Integra struts we needed to change the forks and upper mount (to the Accord ones) Sorry for the terminology. So I guess you could say is that we used the Integra shock absorber and lowering spring. But anyway it worked and now I have part Integra part Accord suspension :-)

:cool: :cool: :cool:

smufguy
09-20-2004, 07:08 PM
who is we?

Gemini2003
09-20-2004, 07:18 PM
me and my 4th year mechanic friend of course :-)

smufguy
09-20-2004, 07:47 PM
me and my 4th year mechanic friend of course :-)

oh, cool. some pics might be helpful

Slavic
09-21-2004, 05:55 AM
...we installed the (90) Integra Struts and lowering Springs. In order to use the Integra struts we needed to change the forks and upper mount (to the Accord ones) Sorry for the terminology. So I guess you could say is that we used the Integra shock absorber and lowering spring. But anyway it worked ...So these would be a go then?

"Koni Sport Adjustable Shocks - 90-93 Integra ...It will have a considerable valve rate increase in compression and rebound to provide the highest level of handling possible. Certain vehicle applications will also feature a special height adjustment feature that allows the user to give additional height increase or height reduction desired."

TOKICO - Illumina 5 way adjustable shocks... use a specially calibrated orifice bypass system which allows simultaneous adjustment of both compression and rebound.

Gemini2003
09-21-2004, 05:11 PM
I am no mechanic, However from what I do know and what we did on my car we found this out:
The bottom bracket on the rear shock absorbers is wider then the Accord ones so we filled the gap with washers.

As well the Integra rear shock absorbers are shorter then the stock Accord ones and the Integra front shock absorbers are longer then the stock Accord's.

We also used the lowering springs from the Integra. This caused a little bit of and issue because now I have like a 2.5" drop in the rear and a 1" drop in the front.

Unfortunately I am not sure if the difference in drop is from the shock length or the spring length.

If the issue is with the spring length I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to use thoes struts.

Please if I am technically incorrect or if something doesn't sound right feel free to correct me or get me to double check!

smufguy
09-21-2004, 05:49 PM
here is the thing a lot of people dont realize. Using different springs or different springs with higher or lower spring rates, changing the ratio of the spring rates to the front to back and the shock stiffness, you actually change the weight distribution.

Higher spring rate Spring tends to make the car heavier on whatever side it is installed. I have seen AWD cars eliminate understeer completely by using 1000lbs spring rate coils in the rear while using 600lb in the front.

So even tho u accomplished it with some nick and nack, i wanna know how this car stands up on a road test with a 3g with a koni and a coilover set up. as in a shox and coil setup made exclusively for our car.