PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Problems

HondaManDan
06-16-2002, 04:23 PM
alright guys, i just put four brand new shocks in my car, coilovers... and i used the old springs cuz nothing was wrong with them. well after about 100miles they started clunkin really bad and i dont know what's up... theyre brand new. could it be my ball joints? or a bracked that's loose?
please help me out here.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-16-2002, 04:42 PM
What did you do with the springs that came with the coilover kit?
Do I understand you right you used stock springs with your coilover's? How low did you set them to? What did you do for bump stops?

HondaManDan
06-17-2002, 06:15 PM
no no.. lol... i just bought the coilover shocks... everything else but the shock came from the car.. yeah the stoppers came witht he shocks along with dust shields ... everything but the springs and brackets... but yeah this clunkin is drivin me nutts!

Jims 86LXI HB
06-17-2002, 06:30 PM
Since your experienceing this so soon after the install, I'd suspect that either something wasn't tightned enough and is now loose or did you buy those homemade coilovers from the guy that works out of his garage(no really, I'm not joking I can't remember the name for his stuff.)

Are you running this stock springs lower than stock? If you are, how many times have you bottomed out?

HondaManDan
06-19-2002, 08:09 AM
wow everyone i soo off base lol... ok lemme explain again..
I went to the car parts store (Advance Auto) and i got some STOCK moroso Shock absorbers... JUST the SHOCK absorber. the shocks came with the rubber stoppers and the dust sleves and all the bolts that you need... SO i took and Replaced JUST THE SHOCK... i left everything else STOCK, Springs and all the other brackets and everything i JUST REPLACED THE SHOCK. now this stoped my car from bottoming out completely... and the ride is AWSOME.. wicked tight.. now the only thing is that i still get a RATTLING... and a CLUNKING and i DONT nessicarily have to be hitting a bump to hear it... earlier this year i got new CV joints and Axles so everything there is cool... IM JUST WONDERING if it could be my BALL JOINTS???? or something that's connected to the suspension components... thanks i hope that this cleared thing up....

superaccord
06-20-2002, 12:20 PM
my suspension makes a rattling noise in the back too. what is it?

Maverik
06-24-2002, 09:22 AM
ok..... here are couple of things u could try.... try changing the lower control arm bushings( basicaly in the front suspecion the bushing through which that big bolt goes that connects both ends of wish bone) and change those ruber pieces that came w. shocks.... that should make ur suspension even stiffer and better handing and smoother ride... on my moms car when i replaced the shocks in the front it stil make that annoying noise.... so i went back and told them to replace those rubber pieces taht came w. shocks and after that all the noises went away... goodluck on the solution w. the problem... also what r good front struts for our cars?