PDA

View Full Version : Connecting a new side mirror

Oz87Si
09-04-2003, 09:54 PM
Some fuckhead swiped my car and took a chunk of plastic out of the side of the driving side mirror. It still works fine but it just looks messy. I'll probably get a new one eventually, I just wanna know whether its easy to install a new one with the fittings and wiring etc.

Cheers Lads

shepherd79
09-05-2003, 03:30 AM
it should be easy. it may take you 20 minutes

fuzzy audio
09-05-2003, 09:48 AM
It's VERY easy. I had to do that to my car. Took actually about 10min. Very quick.

DBMaster
09-05-2003, 10:31 AM
I think you all are very fast. It took me a good bit longer than that because you have to take off the inner door panel to get to one or two of the bolts and the wiring connector.

layedout89
11-23-2003, 10:31 PM
no i takes like 5 min i rebuilt my car from the ground up its just 3 scres and u have to plug in the harness if its auto

SiR
11-25-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by layedout89
no i takes like 5 min i rebuilt my car from the ground up its just 3 scres and u have to plug in the harness if its auto

True, but he still has to take out the interior panel and be careful with taking it out so not to crack the platic pins that hold the panel onto the door. You might even want to take some extra ones with you when you get the mirror from the junkyard.

Dibbs
11-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Sucks about your car. It should be an easy fix. Check out what happened to me recently

Almost died (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26425&highlight=death)

SteveDX89
11-25-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by SiR
True, but he still has to take out the interior panel and be careful with taking it out so not to crack the platic pins that hold the panel onto the door. You might even want to take some extra ones with you when you get the mirror from the junkyard.

No, you don't have to pull the door panel. You just remove the cover and take out the screws. The mirror will come right off.

Dibbs
11-25-2003, 09:36 AM
I didn't have to remove the door panel on mine I just removed the cover, removed the mirror, cut and spliced the wires, put it all back and viola.

SiR
11-26-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Dibbie
cut and spliced the wires

Why would you want to alter the connections from the factory by cutting and splicing the wires? I'm telling the guy to do it right by taking the panel off to access the connection.