PDA

View Full Version : Ordered the Koni's

SteveDX89
09-05-2003, 07:09 AM
I just ordered the Koni's for my car today. I bought the fronts from Tirerack but they won't have them until early November. I ordered the last pair of rears from Shox.com. I made out damn good on pricing too. Total cost including shipping - $381.02. Since the fronts aren't coming until later, I'm gonna wait to do my suspension stuff until next spring. Give me more time to save for springs and to repair some other stuff. I'm gonna do it all at the same time so I only to have get an alignment once.

[edit]
I just got an e-mail from Shox.com. The last pair of rear Koni's were already sold. That's some bullshit. They need to update their website a bit more often. Anyone have any idea what I should get for the rears or should I order the Koni's from Tirerack too. I was planning on using the Suspension Tech. springs - 2" front, 1.9" rear.

SteveDX89
09-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Just trying to bump this thread up. I need help with that question soon. I don't want to lose my chance to get the Koni's in the back.

dXsquared
09-05-2003, 08:17 PM
you might be able to run Tokico's in the rear.. depending on the stiffness of your springs

Travis

Jims 86LXI HB
09-06-2003, 07:10 AM
When new's first broke about Koni discontinueing the struts and Gordon (tech at Koni) told me how many whole car set's existed in the world. But he also said that the supply of rears only over the amount of whole car sets was higher. So your chances of tirerack being able to fill any backorders for rear koni's should be pretty good. Due to the stiffness of the springs you bought, do not run tokico's in the rear.

SteveDX89
09-06-2003, 10:12 AM
Tirerack still has the back Koni's in stock. They say it's a low stock though. I'll just go ahead and buy them then. Thanks for your help Jim and Travis.