PDA

View Full Version : Got water in my headlights!!!

Bloodlust
09-05-2003, 11:25 AM
I am not sure if this belongs in technical, because it is not quite off topic. I am sure someone will have some smartass thing to say. But anyway, I just noticed it last night I have like an inch of water in my damn headlights! I have an 89, so of course I have the flip up lights. Looks like I will be getting new ones *AGAIN*, anyone else ever had this problem?

86AccordLxi
09-05-2003, 11:29 AM
I'm assuming you have the h4 conversions on your car...there's a member here (cdscowboy) that sells little plates that he makes that act as a roof for the back of your headlight to keep water out. dunno if he's still making them, but he used to.

Alex

87accordlxi
09-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Seal the edges of the headlight with clear slilcone glue

shepherd79
09-05-2003, 01:26 PM
actually that won't help eather. sealing headlight won't help at all. the water comming from the top when your lights down.
i think some one was selling H4protectors on this board.
You can make them very easy.
it took me a while to find it but here is the original thread about them. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13889&highlight=moisture

MrBen
09-05-2003, 01:41 PM
I made my own and it took a few hours to make and perfect them, but it stopped all leaking. If you don't want to make them, buy them from cdscowboy.