PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels, Funny Sound

N-Man
09-05-2003, 04:36 PM
I just bought some 17's for my car. They were already balanced when i got them so i just put them on. I noticed that when i was driving, one of the back tires seems to wobbling for some reason. I tightend the lugs, but it did the same thing a day later. And i also hear a rubbing sound (from all 4 tires) when i slow down. Does n e one have any idea what the prob could be?

Vinny
09-05-2003, 04:38 PM
could be anything really. Wobbling could be outta balance or a bent rim or a seperated cord. What size tires are they????/ Car lowered or not?

N-Man
09-05-2003, 04:42 PM
205/40/17...no the car isnt lowered.

MrBen
09-06-2003, 08:10 PM
Buy them new? If you got them off someone, I bet it's bent. It happened to me.

N-Man
09-06-2003, 09:47 PM
No, i bought them new. I think i know what the problem is. the lugs will not stay tight no matter what i do. i guess imma have to take them to a shop and get them to do it, cause no matter how hard i try they wont stay.

A Dawg Jr
09-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Who flies through the sky wit an afro so high??

NIGGAMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

MrBen
09-06-2003, 11:14 PM
That is odd. Maybe the wheel is slightly crooked. I mean not flat against the drum.

markmdz89hatch
09-08-2003, 05:34 AM
for some wheels, they suggest hub-centric rings. It's just a plastic/rubber ring that goes in the "hub" of the wheel to give it a better seat against the rotor/drum.

If it's not that, and you're using new lugs with these new wheels, make sure that the thread is correct in the lug. Now, chances are, if you already felt the wobbling, and heard the grinding, you've done one of two things, or both. 1. you egged out the holes in the wheels with your wheel studs. or 2. you trashed the threads on the wheel studs with the wobbly wheel.

If 1 is the case, then you'll never be able to get the wheels on super tight, they're basically spent. If it's 2, then I'd suggest new wheel studs if the threads are too far chewed up.

Good luck, and let us know your findings.