PDA

View Full Version : Undercar Neons

N-Man
09-05-2003, 05:08 PM
I had order a neon undercar kit a while back and to make a long story short, i never ended up installing them because i had the wrong size tubes. Im thinking about ordering some more but b4 i do, i was wondering if there was a big chance that they would break because the car sits low. I was also wondering if n e body else has any and if so where exactly did they mount the tubes under the car?

bburtonsk8r
09-12-2003, 08:36 PM
hey man, i was going to get a neon kit on my 89, but then i thought about lowering my car, so i guess i have to decide which one i want to do caus the car already scrapes over some speed bumps. let me know if you get that installed and post some picks

PortugalFocus
09-14-2003, 05:35 PM
got some greens 2 under the sides and 1 in front and 1 in back..... im thinking of lowering my Focus, but scraed of smashing a bulb too.... it usually snows a bit here in PA in the winter and i dunno if i wanna lower bc of that, and I dont have time to install coils or i would

crwa
09-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Neon tubes hold up well, you just want to install them so that they will give a little, so instead of using screws to secure them, use the zip ties that come with the kit, for the tubes crack when them are mounted to tight, for whehn the frame dlexes the lights do as well. If they have a little play they won't break, and as far as bumps and scraping goes, if they are hidden under the frame they shouldn't even be exposed, so they shouldn't hit anything, but if they hang down, then they will scrape and break.

just make sure you get a good kit, instead of a cheap one, because the quality in kits is different, so get a good one from Street Glow or Eurolite, I've seen some from these companies and they are visible on the ground in the sunlight... but they also run at 900 volts, so you have to make sure to wire them up correctly.

I was gonna get a blue under body kit, but I'm gonna get a cf hood instead, so maybe in the future I'll pick up a kit...