PDA

View Full Version : License Plate Thingy

HondaBoy
09-05-2003, 09:03 PM
ive know about my license plate bracket thats behind the lisence plate. most people have their plates bolted on right on the bumper. now ive been looking at some japanese cars with their plates bolted to a slanted bracket under the top of the bumper. my 3gee has this bracket. anyway, im wondering if all of them came with this bracket?

88accordhatchdx
09-05-2003, 09:06 PM
I have that bracket, my car was also made in Japan

bboipinoy112
09-05-2003, 09:51 PM
i got a 88 front bumper on my 86 .. took of the liscense plate off the 88 bumper and, well what do u kno ? i got me a bracket

shepherd79
09-06-2003, 03:30 AM
i used to have the braket.
the reason people do that with license plate in japan is because they don't want traffic camera to photo their plates.
they angle the bottom inside so it is only visible to the caps, but to the overhead camera it is not visible.

DBMaster
09-06-2003, 11:23 AM
I have replaced that bracket on my bumper about four times! It has been damaged from people backing into it. Unfortunately, once it has been hit the plastic behind it is meesed up enough that you can't leave it uncovered.

It costs about $11 from Majestic Honda. I have only had to replace the little "struts" that attach to the lower bolt holes once as you can pretty much keep beding those back into the proper position.