PDA

View Full Version : hand brake help

snakeman
09-06-2003, 08:01 AM
iv got a accord aerodeck 1988 the hand brack dont work on one side its got disk brakes all roung can some one help me with this please

87AccordsterLx
09-06-2003, 09:30 AM
-> moved to the "Technical" section... :)

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Ok, this could be cause by a number of things. My first suggestion would be for you to download the Shop Manual from Paul's Site (http://www.pauldesign.ru/) I think that your problem is probably caused by a fault in cable connection(s). Check the adjusting connections in the center console, and also inspect the rear brakes and see if the cable got unhooked at the caliper. The shop manual should tell you what other trouble areas there may be.

P.S.: Seems like you have one of the more rare top of the line Aerodecks. :pimp:

I hope you find this helpful.

snakeman
09-06-2003, 11:35 PM
i take the cable of the caliper and it not releasing it self when it releases it works ????

rdn
09-07-2003, 03:36 AM
had the same problem for a couple of weeks ago...it turned out that was whole mechanism was rusty/dirty since i never use the hand brake

what i did (if the cable is not broken of course):....have somebody sitting in the car and pull/release the hand brake all the time....unde mean time, get some lubricant on the hand brake mechanism (attached to the caliper right behind the disk), and help the brake wire (with a screw driver) to 'go back' every time the person in the car is releasing the brake...do it for ..like 10 min or so

it worked for me (and now i am using the handbrake :))

snakeman
09-08-2003, 04:45 AM
thanks dude ill give it a go let you no if it works for me