PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Wierdness, Signal Flasher Rate, etc

ascender
09-08-2003, 06:43 AM
Recently, I've had some electrical wierdness.

During a left turn recently, the car just DIED. After the 1/10th of a second shutter, the "door diagram" lights came on, and the car started back up due to being in gear and power working again. No biggie, I drive on home.

Well, a day later, I am making a right turn, flip the signal on, and it's flashing at easily twice as fast as "it should". Something is definately amiss.

The headlights have never been real bright, and the other morning she stuttered again.

Ideas, suggestions to what start changing? I've already tightened batt terminal connections, and made sure the alternator is still attached to the car. :)

Thanks again!

shepherd79
09-08-2003, 07:39 AM
fast flashing means you have burned light bulb.
the other problems, i would say you have short somewhere.

ascender
09-08-2003, 07:49 AM
HAH! It's always the easy things! OK, so the car needs new bulbs everywhere.

Let me also be clear, the car doesn't mibehave 99.9999% of the time. Is there any likely pinch-points I should check on, or anything that's been a common failure point? I have a few test lights and such, but my electrical debugging skills are minimal.

Also, I prolly just need to re-aim my headlights, as well as get some nicer lamps. I've never once been flashed, and I have yet to turn off the brights.

Thanks!

shepherd79
09-08-2003, 08:14 AM
check your ground wire, make sure it is not loose.
if you want to check your electrical system, take it to autozone and let them check it for free.

ascender
09-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Where is the ground strap located, standard? Is it safe to consider adding another somewhere on the chassis?

Aren't AutoZone closely affiliated with the anti-christ?

:)

I'll consider that, but I've little faith in them as a company to consider my wallet before they consider my car.