PDA

View Full Version : Rallye anyone?

oldskooln
09-08-2003, 06:28 PM
My 3g is my first fwd car... so I'm trying to have some fun. The E-Brake is definately my new best friend!

There are some good quad trails near my new house, and I've been frequenting them with my 3g... my lil 4drLXi can F-L-Y through trails.

Anyone else throwing thier Accord around Off Road/or on road for that matter?

A20A1
09-08-2003, 08:58 PM
my cv boots have been torn for quite some time... if i raise my car up and fix the boots I might go again.

HondaBoy
09-10-2003, 03:29 PM
yeah, FWD cars are good for doing some ralley type driving. i know trying to do it in a RWD car is a bit harder to keep fairly good control. i need to adjust my hand brake because it doesnt hold. i think this may be because of warped drums or old pads. either way, i havent had luck sliding my back end around in my 3gee. thats another story for my '02 accord. it does realy well. i did it on a dirt road by one of the beaches here. it does it even better when its all wet after its rained. gotta be careful not to lose control. wonder how i could explain that to the insurance company. hehe.

i.c.
09-10-2003, 03:31 PM
errrr...i love rally racing...but theres NO unpaved roads around here...theres a 4x4 trail...but i really don't want to drive the accord into 3 ft. of mud

rally88lxi
09-12-2004, 07:53 PM
I really want to start rallying my '88 Accord Lxi, but i need some direction. i know that i should raise the suspension, but i dont know where to look for compatible parts. if anyone could help me out at all it would be RAD!

oldskooln
09-13-2004, 04:42 AM
I just put a tall, narrower tire on all four corners and I had NO clearance issues... I'm sure you could pick up a nice set of struts so as not to explode the old sloppy ones that are prolly in there.
You also need to get yourself a nice heavy piece of steel (min 1/4'' thick), and fab up a skid plate for under the engine bay... this will keep the engine and trans protected when you get her airbourne or bring her thru rough areas. Before I got rid of my 88LXi, we used to get it as high at 4 feet off the ground at one point. On board Fire Extinguisher is also a must.
And no matter what you do, make sure your exhaust is solid and exits the REAR of the car...

and USE YOUR SAFETY EQUIPMENT!!

rally88lxi
09-13-2004, 07:13 AM
can anyone tell me where to get a good set of struts, or what will fit on my car? Also, would anyone reccomend coilovers for this type of racing, and where would I find those as well? I am new at this racing and modding stuff, so I need some direction. thanks