PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous by VENOM

Techno
09-08-2003, 09:46 PM
This Nitrous kit is listed on Drag Racing (http://store.dragracing.com/) http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/414000-414999/414221_9_full.jpg

Techno

shepherd79
09-09-2003, 03:24 AM
hey man, i have one suggestion.
try keeping thread posting to minimum. get all the info together and make one big thread.

NXRacer
09-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Those systems are way over priced. NOT worth it. Get an NX kit and you'll be happy, plus you'll have a few hundred bucks to spend on something else.

Vinny
09-09-2003, 07:46 AM
I've always been partial to the whole "bottles are for babies" moto

Dibbs
09-09-2003, 10:50 AM
I'm by no means a nitrous expert but I've seen a difference of less than a hundred dollars for comparable kits between the two. If you're comparing an NX system with a VCN-2000 kit by Venom the yes, it is a lot more. But the Venom basic system (vcn-1000) comes with the same stuff as the NX system and is only about 70-80 bucks more. The VCN-2000 is a computer controlled system with much more sophisticated components so it would stand to reason having to pay more, because you're getting more.

NXRacer
09-09-2003, 11:02 AM
ZEX is computer controlled and they're piles of stinking dung. NX is made with only high quality parts and no dumb computers to go out or have to fiddle with. Just look at their fittings and supply lines. Unless you're going super high performance, there's no reason to go with venom. NX is MUCH more simple to install.

Dibbs
09-09-2003, 11:09 AM
Dung? :huh:

Anyway, the basic kit did not look computer controlled to me and it looked like it had less parts than the NX. I will say that I did not like the nozzle setup on the venom compared to the NX. I guess it would be best to get someone else's take on it. Maybe someone who's interests lie somewhere else besides nitrous.;)

NXRacer
09-09-2003, 11:18 AM
A lot of people think i try to push NX only because i sell it. The real reason i sell it is because me and a couple friends looked into all the different brands of n2o and saw that most people were spending money on ZEX which was just shitty and Venom which was over priced.

After looking at all the different brands, we realized that NX is the best of them all because they're fairly priced and everything in the kit is super high quality. Plus, they use a simple system to spray the n2o/gas so you dont have to deal with computers.

Sure, they're not the cheapest, buy you get a high quality product for your money.

Dibbs
09-09-2003, 11:43 AM
I would like you to answer some of my questions then.

1. Why is the Zex kit shitty? Is it shitty for a reason or just because you say it is?

2. Are you contending that the Venom basic kit is hundreds more than an NX kit for import use? From what I've seen it's about $80.

3. What do you mean by quality parts? I'm not trying to be a dick but, a bottle is a bottle. The Fed puts restrictions and Regulations on any vessel that contains any chemical. They all have to be held to the same regulations by Law. Again, I don't know how high the quality can get on basic polyethylene tubing, steel braided, or whatever but I imagine it all comes from the same place.

I would understand better if i knew a better reason as to why the NX kit is better. Is it an easier install? Better warranty? What? Those things would make me think a bit harder than just saying "This one is crap and mine is better."