PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injection Engine Die off and wont start on hot days.

AhPunk
09-09-2003, 06:25 AM
Hi all, I don have a 3g accord, but i have a '85 Accord SEI. I got this big problem, my car engine will die off when hot days, eg on noon time, after idling for a while.

After it wont start, until about 40min later, the car ger cool, then it run with no problem.

Before the engine totally die off, i could heard the strange sound from the fuel pump, like stuck, or suck no fuel, or dono wat.

I live in a hot place, noon time air temp around 30 C.

Please helps, as I was suppecting the fuel filter and fuel pump...

dosh8er
09-09-2003, 01:36 PM
:werd: I had the same problem...

If you use that handy search feature, and type in 'main fuel relay' you'll come up with your answer.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7188

it's in the how-to section.

Happened to my sei as well.. (let her rest in peace)

NXRacer
09-09-2003, 02:19 PM
this seems to be a big problem with all generation of accords.

AhPunk
09-10-2003, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the info, i went thru some of the infor from the forum. I can hear both the clicks, no problem at all.

coz its a on and off problem, so its pretty shyt feeling, the last time it happen, is when i waited in car for my gf to pick her up for lunch, and the car just stalled, so cant go anywhr...
:mad:

at tat time i can kick start the car with no problem, then after 1 second or 2, it just stalled, sth like no fuel coming, coz the noise of the pump at this time is weird and l was pretty farkup...

just bought a bosch fuel pump and fuel filter, changing it on this coming saturday, hopefully it will solve my problem.:crying:

anchovies
09-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Check the simple and cheap things first. Like the air filter. If it's not, then probably it's fuel related. You can download the manual in the FAQ section and check the fuel filter.

btw: i'm from KL. Good to know there are other msians here 2

AhPunk
09-11-2003, 02:03 AM
yo, nice knowing you too, so you not staying in KL anymore?:D

my original air filter is pretty shyt, i already changed it to after market Hurricane perfomance air filter. Although it sound very loud, but I think there should be no problem, the engine can get more air than it needed, i assumed...

as you know, this kind of car if rather rare and difficult to find parts in the country, I still looking for a set of high performance suspension, cant seems to get any luck from Koni, Teinz etc...

AhPunk
09-16-2003, 03:16 AM
OK, just got my car, got the fuel filter and fuel pump changed, cost me around RM500(USD132).

Start the engine, :mad: the pump sound so loud, pretty noisy. Is this normal? is there anything i can do to lower the noise?

Have not tried in the hot days, wonder if it solve my problem,:werd: i have a bad feeling its nth to do with the filter and pump, i putting more hope at the fuel pump relay...

anyway, need to try out in the hot days, if it still happened...:crying:

wish me luck..

cruznz
09-16-2003, 03:49 AM
no, it's not normal for pump to be noisy,who changed it?

AhPunk
09-16-2003, 04:03 AM
i send it to the machanic, he change it for me, before that the old pump is also got noise, but this new bosch pump is even noisier....kinda regret to change the pump already..

so if its not normal, wat could be the cause of the noise? and the noise will differ when i on the headlight, the aircon....

i did remember that the 1st time i got this noise is after a stupid machanic jack up my car directly on the fuel pump....i just to him and stop him but its too late....after that then i realise i got this noise.....since nearly 2 yrs ago...

AhPunk
09-18-2003, 07:28 AM
i checked with the guy who sold me the pump, he listen to the noise and he said its normal, just that i need to wrap the pump with sth, so that it will reduce the noice....

i check the original bracket, its kinda bent a bit, wondering if this cause the problem, and of coz the new pump is bigger than the original.

please helps, anyone? any idea? i really out of idea.