PDA

View Full Version : 3g subframes into a 2g?

speed.freek
09-09-2003, 11:48 AM
i was thinking the other day, hey if i could swap the subframes from a 3g into my 83 accord then i could have double wishbone and susp upgrade options. they both hold the same family of motors. does anyone have duh! problems that could occur. is it at all possible or do i need to just pass the pipe and say no:pimp:

thanks
-robert

Vinny
09-09-2003, 11:57 AM
I'd think lay off the pipe

NXRacer
09-09-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by My Cousin Vinny
I'd think lay off the pipe

:lol ROFLMA

no comments on the frame q.

Chrome_thangs
09-09-2003, 01:19 PM
:wtf: Why in the hell would you want to that? Just drive a 3g!:huh:

speed.freek
09-09-2003, 02:02 PM
why does someone always have to be a prick:confused:
i drive a 2g because i like them. i like the styling. i like the smaller car, i like the simpler interior. i like the uniqueness of driving a car that most people have never even seen before!

Why do you drive a 3g? probably for similar reasons.
if you have nothing nice or conducive to the topic then just STFU :flipa:

when you live in my town and cant drive more than a mile without seeing some pos rooting 3g rolling on dubs, nipple washers, fart can, crappy clears, and a big freakin APC sticker on the front it kind of makes me not want to be a part of it. dont get me wrong i love 3g's but i happen to own a beautiful; rust free 2g that cost me a mere 300 dollars :super:

NXRacer
09-09-2003, 02:12 PM
i couldnt tell ya if it'll work, but the suspension just might bolt on. Have you compared the 2 suspension setup? They cant be THAT different. You just might be SOL without spending a lot of money to convert it.

If you wanna be different, you could buy my fiesta off of me. thats something you dont see too often....... :D

speed.freek
09-09-2003, 02:44 PM
if the 3g susp will bolt up to that crossmember than that would be great. does anyone know if i will have any trouble fitting the double wishbone susp in the 2g wheelwells? whichever is easier maybe i could mix some steering parts to get my steering rack to hook up to the 3g susp? and i think ill pass on the fiesta:D if i get a ford itll be a festiva and then ill drop in the mazda b6t turbo and scare the crap out of people at the track;)

NXRacer
09-09-2003, 02:54 PM
why the hell would you want a FESTIVA?? fiesta are WAY cooler. And better looking i might add.

speed.freek
09-09-2003, 05:05 PM
ever seen a festiva gtx? its a japan only model that kicks arse

PhydeauX
09-09-2003, 06:01 PM
No it doesn't bolt up, if it did I wouldn't have junked my 83. You need more then the subframes to get the double whishbones anyway.

andy