PDA

View Full Version : windows not rolling up straight?

legend9
09-09-2003, 03:34 PM
I have a 3geez where this problem has been happening since I first go the car. The driver side / passenger windows will never roll up straightward 100%. It looks as though its rolling up straight, but then, it always seem to leave a tiny little gap at the top side corner, and when driving on highways, its very very anoying....:mad: . Is there a way to fix this?

NXRacer
09-09-2003, 03:47 PM
are they power or manual? I've seen that happen to manual windows when they come off their track, but i dont think i've seen it happen to power windows before.

Vinny
09-09-2003, 04:08 PM
they just need adjusted. Raise the window up all the way,take the door panel off and loosen either the roller guide bolt (2bolts side by side toward the backside of the door) or the power window motor bolts, slide the window all the way flush with the back of the window sash then tighten them up

legend9
09-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Power windows...great advices! I will give it a go tomorrow. :D

dosh8er
09-09-2003, 06:18 PM
it might also be the mouting hardware for the pwr window motor.. I had that problem as well.. I found some better bolts (from junkyard out back :D ) and aligned them properly in their torn up holes. (i think the guy before me had same problem, but just stuck big washers on there... didn't fix problem)

Check that out, it could be part of the problem.

rick_spiff
09-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Washers won't do the trick. Get some sheet metal, 16ga if I remember right (that's "sixteen gauge"). Cut some pieces to fit in the bolt hole locations--they will be irregularly shaped due to the door's pressed pattern--and drill them out. Works infinately better than washers because you can cut it to shape and it will deform a little bit and press the metal down tight.