PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help

H47CH3D-Cord
09-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Hello, I'm new to the site. I previously owned a white 88 accord lxi. there is this guy that lives a few houses down who has an accord lxi hatch, and I want it, but how much should i offer him?
The details of the car are like this:
The engine runs strong
The trany has 2 fried gears so it needs to be replaced.
Driver Side window is completely bashed in.
the car has been parked with the driver side window facing the dirt road, so the interior needs to be replaced, or severly cleaned

How much should I offer him for this?

NXRacer
09-10-2003, 07:37 AM
2 dollas. j/k hows the paint? how many miles does it have on it?

The window will cost you MAYBE 50 bucks if you do it yourself with a window from a junk yard. Also you're gonna have to replace the tranny which will cost you some money, even more if you can't put it in yourself. You can clean most of the interior yourself. If the upholstry needs a good cleaning some detail shops will do it or if you can get a carpet cleaner you can do it yourself. I'd offer him $1000 MAX.

Vinny
09-10-2003, 07:44 AM
What you offer will be upto you of course but try to alteast educate yourself on vehicle pricing in your area. Try the autotrader http://www.autotrader.com/?ac_afflt=none and check your local paper online to see what averages are. I only paid 300 for my 88 LX-i and it ran fine, just needed some work, as far as engine and tranny and important things it was good to go. The more you look the more you'll find. You may find something better in your budget if you look hard enough

87AccordsterLx
09-10-2003, 10:48 AM
no need to reply here... that was a previous member that has been banned... he is now banned again. Thread Closed.