PDA

View Full Version : problem with new exhaust?

lightbulblxi
09-10-2003, 09:22 AM
IF u read my other thread, you know i got the pacesetter exhaust awhile ago.I didnt notice this until about a week or two ago but it seems to be shooting wATER OUT OF THE TAIL PIPE. Im not talkin a bout a drip or two, its more like 6 or 7 feet behind my car. I noticed it happens when i rev it and then let off the gas. IS this a problem???:wtf:

86AccordLxi
09-10-2003, 09:23 AM
You probably just need to go for a long drive to clear out all of the possible condensation and whatnot.

alex

lightbulblxi
09-10-2003, 09:28 AM
thx, is that it?

86AccordLxi
09-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Dunno...wait for somone else to respond....i know on my dad's MR2 after it's been sittle for a while it will spray water droplets a few feet out of the exhaust when he revs on it. Based on that, I think your car just needs to be driven on a longer trip to heat everything up and burn up all the water.

Alex

Vinny
09-10-2003, 09:39 AM
It more than likely condensation in the pipes, if the air is particulary heavy, especially in the morning you will se alot of it. By heavy I mean alot of moisture in the air. Check your fluid level and make sure its upto par and if the leaking isn't there after the cars fully warmed up let it go

NXRacer
09-10-2003, 10:12 AM
if its actual water coming out of the pipes, its nothing to worry about. Its just condensation. I've seen newer cars drive quite a while with it coming out. Thats a side affect of a catalytic converter. Esp a new one. If you have a flow through muffler, it'll shoot out more water then before because there isnt anything to block the water from coming out of the pipes.

Justin86
09-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Yea don't worry about it. If the weather has began to change there, more rain things like that. You just are not use to it throwing out the water cause it has been summer. My car started doing it to a couple days ago when a big cold front pushed through. A lot of rain. :)

lightbulblxi
09-10-2003, 10:45 AM
thx to everyone that responde, im jus glad it aint a prob.

accordlxi2.0
09-10-2003, 06:02 PM
shit to me that mean's you gotta clean ass engine.

zero.counter
09-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Although, if you are experiencing the classic signs of a blown headgasket and have that problem with the vapor shooting out of the tailpipe, then you might have reason to be worried.