PDA

View Full Version : 89 DX Dash picture request...

Leviathant
09-10-2003, 12:33 PM
My DX's climate control & tape deck were punched out by it's previous owner. I've managed to re-seat the tape deck -- which we'll be replacing one of these days -- but I'm a little confused as to how the climate controls sit. Can anyone take some nice close-up high-ish resolution photos of the climate control & stereo area. Getting it from an angle slightly below it would be nice too, since there's this gap about 1cm high of about nothing in between the two units.

Also, if anyone has any pictures of the climate controls separated from everything else, that'd be great, because the backing light for the various sliders has fallen out, and I'm not quite sure where it goes.

Of course, I might just hunt down a new one on ebay instead of trying to rig this, but I'm ready to do some creative duct tape work.

1989 DX R
09-17-2003, 06:45 AM
Next time I actually get to my car I'll try and remember to get a pic.

Leviathant
09-17-2003, 07:31 AM
Eh, that's alright. I've gone ahead and screwed the controls into the dash already. The only thing I need to figure out now is exactly where that little blue light bar goes so that it properly illuminates the heater controls.

And why the stock stereo has a tendency to blink in and out of existance whenever it gets a strong signal -- only to work right when I thump it with the heavy end of a screwdriver, heehee. (Time for a new stereo)