PDA

View Full Version : i need help w/ the fuse box

wildaccordman
09-10-2003, 02:07 PM
i need a wiring diagram of the fuse box under the dash for a 1989 Honda Accord LX-i..i bought the car and every plug-in to the fuse box was unhooked and i don't know where the wires plug in on the fuse box....Thanks

[email protected]

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-10-2003, 02:52 PM
http://www.pauldesign.ru

download the shop manual and look in the electrical section. I think that all the connectors are keyed so they go in only one slot each or do you mean that the wires are pulled out of the connectors.

I hope this helps.

88LXi/87CRXSi
09-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the board wildaccordman! Yes, do like '89AccordLX(Rus) suggested, download the manual on Paul's site. But, here's a pic from my 87/88 electrical trouble shooting manual of the connections that go to the front of the fusebox. It tells you the color of the connecter and number of pins, ex: (7-wht). And '89AccordLX(Rus) is right, "the connectors are keyed", so with some test fitting you'll figure which one goes where. Rear pic to follow!

88LXi/87CRXSi
09-10-2003, 03:28 PM
And here's the rear view!

wildaccordman
09-10-2003, 03:29 PM
i think i got most of them pluged in now. but i've still got some plug in's unpluged under the dash that i don't know where they go...but Thanks for ur help.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Some plugs do not plug directly into the fuse box. There are several harnesses with connectors that are in the same vicinity as the fuse box. The connectors for them may be attached to the small clips on the sides of the box (hence why the wires you found are close to it). Considering that your wires were unplugged, the needed connectors may be mixed up with other wires or free-floating around under the dash. You should find them. The connectors that should be anchored to the box are orange(I think :) - was a while since I last stuck my head under the dash).

My $.02 :D