PDA

View Full Version : Bulb Upgrade?

HondaBoy
09-10-2003, 04:37 PM
a few weeks ago, i got some Prelude fog lights. i have them wired up, but im going to rewire them in with my new fuse box. aside from that, the lights dont look that bright. they came original with 55watt H3 bulbs, which are common for fog lights. i was wondering how 100watt bulbs would do. im guessing they will be brighter, but will the fuck up? i guess i could used a bigger fuse if it doesnt work, right? also, i used some smaller gauge wire than the original wired the fog lights had. could this be what make them kinda dim? if the small wire would make it not get es much current, i would want to rewire them. think it could just be the wiring?

NOAHS88accord
09-10-2003, 05:24 PM
i put 100 watt bulbs in a set of pilot fog lights, and they exploded (literally) the glass exploded, and it burnt up the inside reflective stuff.

zero.counter
09-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by NOAHS88accord
i put 100 watt bulbs in a set of pilot fog lights, and they exploded (literally) the glass exploded, and it burnt up the inside reflective stuff.
Daayuuummm!!!

I had a similar experience, only that I melted the metal housing on the left side of one of the fog lights and of course ended up popping the fuse and blowing the relay. They were cheap $20 pilots from autozone, some kind of special deal. Experimentation is cool.

HondaBoy
09-12-2003, 08:51 PM
guess ill try rewiring them instead. i dont wanna mess up my fog lights. i had a hard time finding good ones that werent all broken. anyway, guess ill get to the wiring when i have some time. dont know when that will be cuz my weekend is already filled up. damn it!