PDA

View Full Version : $69.95 supercharger?

Accordie
09-10-2003, 07:54 PM
hey guys check this out
http://www.spiralmax.com/
anyone tried it? wonder if it works or is this one of those scams?

adams86lxi
09-10-2003, 08:03 PM
i heard they dont work!

deadlight
09-10-2003, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't waste the money on it, a vacuum line removal will get you more power than that thing ever would, and the vacuum line removal is free. I don't think they even know what the hell they're talking about anyways, they say you can use it on any internal combustion engine, gas or diesel, well there's one of many things I see wrong with the picture, diesels aren't technically internal combustion, they don't use a spark to ignite the fuel air mixture, they say it'll give me smoother shifting...WTF?
And oh yeah, 100 bucks to anyone with dyno sheets saying it actually gave them 35 more horses at the wheels, if all this were true, CAI would be a thing of the past, sorry if I'm ranting, but I don't think the people who made that shit know what they're talking about.

Grant2k
09-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by deadlight
diesels aren't technically internal combustion, they don't use a spark to ignite the fuel air mixture
but they are still definitly internal combustion.

deadlight
09-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Yes, they are in a sense internal combustion, but are not referred to as internal combustion. I've heard someone call it external combustion even, don't know where that came from though. The only sense that it's internal combustion is that fuel is ignited inside the cylinder. Don't know shit about Diesels though either

kicker1_solo
09-11-2003, 12:25 AM
somebody has to try this, you have a 30 day warranty that you can get all of your money back, come on someone. :D

Cyric_accord
09-11-2003, 04:57 AM
jesus, this thing is just one of those Twister things a few years ago.... you are supposed to stick it inside the intake and becuase of it's "patented swirl design" it's supposed to help. All it does is change the rotation of the incoming air into the throttle body.... And look what happened to the twister thing, nobody knows or cares about it anymore

Grant2k
09-11-2003, 05:32 AM
i like the crappy pencil drawings. it looks like they just buy tornados and sell them under their own name. what a piece of shit.

1988starter
09-11-2003, 05:33 AM
Crap :D

Vinny
09-11-2003, 05:37 AM
thats the same as that tonado or whatever that "as seen on TV" POS thing is

89 Accords Rock
09-11-2003, 08:55 AM
its the same as a turbo5000. get one from your local boat store its a turbo fam costs 15 dollars. look at a boat shop

Grant2k
09-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 89 Accords Rock
its the same as a turbo5000. get one from your local boat store its a turbo fam costs 15 dollars. look at a boat shop
what you are thinking of is a bilge pump which is a totally different scam. the thing that is in this link is just a piece of metal, but the bilge pumps are electronically driven fans. there's been a ton of threads about both.

Cyric_accord
09-11-2003, 09:50 AM
hahaha, did you guys read about their "patented Turbo Exhaust tube"? it does the same thing as the Turbo Air Twister, eexcept it fits on your exhaust tips. HAHAHA, I'm gonna increase power and fuel economy by making a tornado of exhaust gases behind my car.... idiots, mybe we should market them to ricer's... they might think they're cool

BootMachine
09-11-2003, 10:12 AM
That product is the biggest bunch of crap!

All the mixing of the fuel is dont at the ports because we have tuned multi port fuel injection!

ALSO..to change the path of the intake charge you need energy ...which will come out of the intake charge....so....all your doing in increasing intake resistance!

BS...TOTAL BS!

spin the air into your engine....ha ha ha...thats funny!

About all it would do is decrease flow and increase velocity MAYBE giving you a little better throttle response!

Justin86
09-11-2003, 11:18 AM
You would be much better off hooking up a leaf blower fan. Just set it up like you would a turbo but it is electric.

smufguy
09-11-2003, 12:32 PM
what a waste of human resource. Threads like this have been come and gone and still no one wants to just hit the search button. Anyway, how are you grant? been a long time since i have seen u here.

Grant2k
09-11-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
what a waste of human resource. Threads like this have been come and gone and still no one wants to just hit the search button. Anyway, how are you grant? been a long time since i have seen u here.
Praveen, what's up dude! yeah i've been out for a while but i'm back i made a thread about it in off topic last week i think. anyway as you know i am an advocate of the search button myself. good to see someone who's been around for a while say it. hahaha.

thundertank
09-11-2003, 01:51 PM
i havent been around that long and i love that shit brings up a lot of stuff and saves time.

deadlight
09-11-2003, 08:59 PM
I actually did see a turbine type thing in an exhaust tip, it was a carbon fiber muffler with a turbine in it.

Grant2k
09-11-2003, 09:53 PM
I actually did see a turbine type thing in an exhaust tip, it was a carbon fiber muffler with a turbine in it.
what you may have seen is a muffler that Ractive makes that is called a "Turbo" muffler. they put this little whirly thing in the end that is supposed to make it sound like your car is turboed. the idea is a piece of shit.

Cyric_accord
09-11-2003, 09:55 PM
I'd rather stick these on as my exhaust tips instead of those stupid "exhaust turbines":

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=359837&BQ=jcw2

atleast then I could see where my exhaust was when it's really dark out, be rice-cool :lol

3G Jester
09-11-2003, 09:59 PM
hey....i dont know why you guys are dissin on this. i have it in my 3g...
and between the supercharger, the torndo in my intake and the type R racing stickers on my front and rear windsheild.....
im pushing at LEAST 176 hp.

so if you guys could be a little more respectfull it would be much apreciated.

Grant2k
09-11-2003, 09:59 PM
haha sorry Jester.

3G Jester
09-11-2003, 10:08 PM
thanks grant. and if you say anything about my cherry bomb muffler tip...ill cry.

by the way. coudl you help me out? im looking for altezzas and H22 motor mounts.

Grant2k
09-12-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
thanks grant. and if you say anything about my cherry bomb muffler tip...ill cry.

by the way. coudl you help me out? im looking for altezzas and H22 motor mounts.
i know this guy who did an H22 swap in his garage in 2 hours and he said that the altezzas from a 96 civic will fit our cars. i'll talk to him for you.

Vinny
09-12-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
hey....i dont know why you guys are dissin on this. i have it in my 3g...
and between the supercharger, the torndo in my intake and the type R racing stickers on my front and rear windsheild.....
im pushing at LEAST 176 hp.

so if you guys could be a little more respectfull it would be much apreciated. I wanna be like you, so I'm gonna start plannin this mod NOW. Bein like you beats bein a scope dope (inside joke) ANd since I'm kinda poor I was watching Twister last night and decided I'm gonna make my own aluminum deals to swirl the air out of old Pepsi cans and stuff, and I'll just cut and paste the stickes and laminate the prints then tape em on.....woohooo I can be a poor imitation Jester

3G Jester
09-12-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Grant2k
i know this guy who did an H22 swap in his garage in 2 hours and he said that the altezzas from a 96 civic will fit our cars. i'll talk to him for you.

thanks man. now all i gotta get is some naws and im set.

deadlight
09-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Yeah I have a twin turbo H22A in my Accord, dropped right in too. Got more power than both the turbos though with my awesome patented...TORNADO! (Thanks tornado!)

BootMachine
09-12-2003, 10:08 AM
YO, you bitches wanna race

I got .....fukkin.....type-r shifter knob.....fukkin.....type-r fogs....fukkin....K&N intake......fukkin......wires guy, wires!

fukkin.......racing peddals.....fukkin....type-r engine guy (not JDM....they never say JDM)......yo ....yo....I bought some NGK plugs guy...I'm having them installed at my mechanics house THIS WEEKEND! Then we hit the dyno and ride....you know how we do!

Full APC package.....A/F gauge........yo..check out my custom window tint!

"wow....so you really have your car done up eh"?

yeah boy.....full race ready.....I'm into track style so...you know......thats why I have my fire extingusher mounted.....you know!

"well...I watched you loose a race last week...how do you"

yo guy yo....WTF man......The light burnt out on my monsto TAK!

Grant2k
09-12-2003, 10:30 AM
sorry, it's over.

BootMachine
09-12-2003, 10:33 AM
alright...

look away....look away!

3G Jester
09-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by BootMachine
YO, you bitches wanna race

I got .....fukkin.....type-r shifter knob.....fukkin.....type-r fogs....fukkin....K&N intake......fukkin......wires guy, wires!

fukkin.......racing peddals.....fukkin....type-r engine guy (not JDM....they never say JDM)......yo ....yo....I bought some NGK plugs guy...I'm having them installed at my mechanics house THIS WEEKEND! Then we hit the dyno and ride....you know how we do!

Full APC package.....A/F gauge........yo..check out my custom window tint!

"wow....so you really have your car done up eh"?

yeah boy.....full race ready.....I'm into track style so...you know......thats why I have my fire extingusher mounted.....you know!

"well...I watched you loose a race last week...how do you"

yo guy yo....WTF man......The light burnt out on my monsto TAK!

yeah....it was going good....but you killed it man.

3G Jester
09-12-2003, 10:48 AM
Yeah I have a twin turbo H22A in my Accord, dropped right in too.

some day when i become a rich and famous millionare[which is of course inevitable...] im going to do this. and make it an AWD sleeper.

....*sigh* ......

BootMachine
09-12-2003, 11:30 AM
JESUS!

Sorry guys...I didnt know it was over..

bad timing!

*tuff crowd*

(pulls collar away from neck....swallows hard)

Think I'm gonna need some ice for this burn!

deadlight
09-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Nah, I'll still race, tornado defeats all!

Mike D
09-12-2003, 06:23 PM
sad thing is, alot of people are probably buying these and they are probably making alot of money off of it

deadlight
09-12-2003, 11:41 PM
Probably, that's why people like that are around. To make me laugh.

FyreDaug
01-20-2006, 10:34 AM
I was jus thinking, even though its a scam, what would happen if you put a tornado BEHIND the throttle body of a boosted car, the swirling motion will increase velocity but for how long itll spin before its burned doesnt seem like a long enough time to do it. Maybe if you intake tube was 5" diameter and you had one of these it might do something, theoretically if straight air gets pushed through it it WILL SPIN the air. But that might only be beneifical in a carbureted car, but then you dont have the boost to push it through and you are relying on the engine sucking it in, which I dont think itll swirl that way because its sucking air stright in and itll probably stop spinning immediately because of the way the motor pulls it in, but if its pushing the air in constantly it should keep the spinning velocity.

smufguy
01-20-2006, 11:02 AM
for a carb, i can understand the Tornado. When we have efi cars with runners going to each cylinders, i doubt if the swirl motion before it would do anything. The reason being that the fuel is added at the very end, not at the TB opening, on the other hand, the Carb sits before the runners and hence a less turbulant flow will allow proper mixture at the carb and then is distributed amonth the runners, but the injectors sit at the very edge of the runners and the swirl effect is not gonna do much.

FyreDaug
01-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Then what about 4 mini tornados right before the head?

aerokid1987
01-20-2006, 12:47 PM
You would be much better off hooking up a leaf blower fan. Just set it up like you would a turbo but it is electric.

Hey check this out someone already has done that...well, kind of...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Electric-Supercharger-Accord-Civic-Ford-Probe-CRX-RSX_W0QQitemZ8031162169QQcategoryZ33741QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

I kinda doubt that this is rice, but it looks kinda cheap. I think I'll try it...

lostforawhile
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
hahahahha! You may have brought that back from the dead but thats funny!! thats nothing but a blower motor made to look like a supercharger. 30 horsepower! ya i'm going to go order one right now. people have ben trying to make these for years,never has worked right.

white ricer
01-20-2006, 07:34 PM
someone should copy those kids on streetfire who hooked a leaf blower up to a 99 civic si. 7 horse gain at the wheels

FyreDaug
01-27-2006, 08:02 AM
^^ NOT 69.95 lol

aerokid1987
01-27-2006, 08:33 AM
definitely not a 69.95 job...

spnrx
01-27-2006, 11:50 AM
would it be worth it and how much would this cost??

aerokid1987
02-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Hey I was casually browsing ebay and someone actually has a listing with a picture of this...... See for yourself.....
http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/46/43/81_1_b.JPG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8035935172&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
It looks like a 4th gen accord engine... I would like to try it and see how it works just for the
heck of it...

getready
02-08-2006, 06:38 AM
what a waste of money, dude. If you want a supercharger, SAVE that 69 bucks. Those probably steal so much power from your car, not to mention money from your wallet

aerokid1987
02-08-2006, 08:03 AM
what a waste of money, dude. If you want a supercharger, SAVE that 69 bucks. Those probably steal so much power from your car, not to mention money from your wallet
I just want to try it unless someone who has actually used one can tell me that it doesn't work as well as advertised... Until you have actually tried it then you have no ground to stand on. I don't know whether it will work or not but at least I can sell it to some ricer for as much as I payed if it doesn't work... ha

smufguy
02-08-2006, 08:19 AM
I just want to try it unless someone who has actually used one can tell me that it doesn't work as well as advertised... Until you have actually tried it then you have no ground to stand on. I don't know whether it will work or not but at least I can sell it to some ricer for as much as I payed if it doesn't work... ha

if you wanna personally try it with spending your money and then learning from your experience that it does not work, be my guest. By the way it is designed, its not gonna work. There is a reason why the centrifugal, roots and screw type are designed in teh way they are designed and dont run on 12V battery supply pulling like 5 amps. THere are many engineers and personal mechanics on this forum who know and can tell just by looking at something that if its gonna work for certain application or not, hence they have theoretical evidence that it will not work as advertised. :wave:

getready
02-08-2006, 11:06 AM
and i remember reading about a magazine that tested all those crappy "back of the magazine" ads, and they were all horseshit. But definatly, try it out.

HondaBoy
02-08-2006, 11:47 AM
:rice: :toilet: :bs:
dont waste your money, its a damn joke. the jokes on you who buys something you could get cheaper from a marine supplyer.