PDA

View Full Version : Way out there swap Question

paynt3r
09-11-2003, 06:56 AM
I've seen most of the engine swap threads, and realize that some swaps a too big a bitch to do. But I came across a motor and was wondering what other peoples thoughts would be on doing this engine swap. It is a motor out of a 2003 RSX- Type S. I wonder how hard it would be to put into a 89 LXI? Anyone out there familiar with both these vehicles?

NXRacer
09-11-2003, 07:19 AM
that motor will probably be the hardest of any motor to swap in because its backwards from all the other honda motors. Anything can be done with enough time and money, but it really won't be worth it. Even swapping in an H22 is pointless.

Sorry to burst your bubble

Vinny
09-11-2003, 07:35 AM
for the cost (which will be high) vs the HP(200) your better doing a different motor

paynt3r
09-11-2003, 07:41 AM
I did stuff a 454 into a chevy Luv,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but if the motor and tranny are backwards to the accord, I probably won't even try.

NXRacer
09-11-2003, 09:12 AM
The thing about RWD vehicles is that you can put just about any motor in em and they work pretty easily (esp older ones with no ECU's). Not so with FWD cars. You have to deal with axles and harder motor mounts since the motor has to be centered exactly in order for the axles to work properly.

There are plenty of options right now for our cars as far as motor swaps go. From what you said in your earlier post, it looks like you've done some looking around so you've probably seen whats available. turbo, JDM 3G b20a, or other b-series will be your best bet for motor swaps.