PDA

View Full Version : Tailghts???

dub88acc
09-11-2003, 11:28 AM
:wave:

I need to know that if u paint your tailights red will the blinkers still blink orange or how does that work?

pics pleeez

Blue Impact
09-11-2003, 12:31 PM
I'd hate to be harsh, but ever heard of "search?" Scroll all way to the top of the page and toward the top right is the "search" icon. Try doing a "paint tails" search. Good luck.

kicker1_solo
09-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by dub88acc
I need to know that if u paint your tailights red will the blinkers still blink orange or how does that work? no, they will blink red, which is still legal

dub88acc
09-11-2003, 03:03 PM
how do u take off the bumper to make clear lenses?

NXRacer
09-11-2003, 03:09 PM
use the search button homey. Or put on a fireproof suit cause you're gonna get flamed.

johndej
09-11-2003, 03:20 PM
:flame: one roasted toasted newbie coming right up. hmm..... i think its all good w/ the taillight thing. as its been said, i don't think there are any laws agianst it as long as they blink and are either white, red, or orange.

Blue Impact
09-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by kicker1_solo
no, they will blink red, which is still legal

So that means 6G Accord coupes are illegal where you're from? It's legal for rear blinkers to be either red or orange.

TJ89Accord
09-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
So that means 6G Accord coupes are illegal where you're from? It's legal for rear blinkers to be either red or orange.

He said that it is legal...

Cyric_accord
09-11-2003, 09:59 PM
come on ppl, I'm gonna be creative... Maybe a nice green or purple turn signals??? no, no... even better, make em pink! *pulls on flame retardent suit*

3G Jester
09-11-2003, 10:51 PM
if you notice MOST domestics have red rear blinkers and MOST imports [specifically asain] have orange rear blinkers. even if the cassing is redor clear...the bulb is orange

if you paint them red you arent trying to loook domestic. im my opinion the orange is kinda gross and the single red is much nicer. i prefer clean lines and not a lot of differnet colors or other extranious shit.

painting em red is a good call.

JUST USE THE SEARCH FEATURE TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT or the FAQ.

say it with me now
F-A-Q
FA-Q

3G Jester
09-11-2003, 10:52 PM
:lol sorry i couldnt resist...

Blue Impact
09-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by TJ89Accord
He said that it is legal...

You're right. I must be seeing things or something. I wouldn't say I'm blind cuz last time I took the eye exam, they said I have 20/20 vision. Maybe it's because I've had a long day.

buish
09-11-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Cyric_accord
come on ppl, I'm gonna be creative... Maybe a nice green or purple turn signals??? no, no... even better, make em pink! *pulls on flame retardent suit*

clear taillights with the bulb painted red comes out a pinkish tone :barf:

Cyric_accord
09-12-2003, 05:35 AM
YES! I have found the answer to my dilemma, Pink powerpuff accord-mobile is on it's way. :lol

Vinny
09-12-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by 3g Jester

say it with me now
F-A-Q
FA-Q

FAAAAAAAAAAAA q

Faaahhhhh q

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol like that???????????

markmdz89hatch
09-12-2003, 06:00 AM
Ok, too much of the "just use the search" thing. If you want him to search, leave it at that. Don't flame someone just for asking a Q. It takes more time for some of you to type "just use the search" then go on flaming the person then it would to either do the search for him, or hook him up with an answer. The search tool is there, it works, and many do use it. Many more should, but there's no need to flame someone on it. Think about it, if he did a search, found an old thread that addressed this, then posted a response to it, he'd get flamed for bringing a thread back from the dead.

It's getting to the point where I'm seeing some members saying 'I already did a search, and couldn't find anything, so here's my question". There's no need for anyone to have to feel that they must type that in order to avoid "search button" flaming.

I'll edit this thread tomorrow so everyone has time to read this post.

Please don't turn this into a thread for discussion of why you do or do not agree with me. It's a thread on taillights. Any subsequent post should address the original topic, and not be a response to my post, or a justification to any previous post.

3G Jester
09-12-2003, 07:23 AM
your just enjoying your mod privleges.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
:lol sorry i couldnt resist...

I found your reply perfectly within reason and you didn't take the "hinting" to far. And you gave some info to help before you pointed him to run a search.

IMO, your reply is the fine.

Not commenting on the other's, I'll let mark clean the thread.

3G Jester
09-12-2003, 10:39 AM
yeah i wasnt giving dub88 the fa q. i just couldnt resist the subtly of the faq.

DeathRat
09-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by dub88acc
:wave:

I need to know that if u paint your tailights red will the blinkers still blink orange or how does that work?

pics pleeez
Getting back to the question at hand here.......
Yes the turn signals will turn out red too regardless of what colour bulb you install. I've changed out my white bulbs for all amber in my stop lights too. It gives a slighter darker tone of light. Now since both my cars have full dark, Night Shaded, tail lights, mine turn out very dark red when the lights are on. Now my signals turn out very dark orange instead. It all boils down to personal pleasure though.:D

dub88acc
09-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Than you all very much!!!!!!!!! I fell enlightened