PDA

View Full Version : Possibly stupid question... or good idea...?

RustyHo88
09-11-2003, 12:17 PM
well, i really dont want to spend $300 for a new carb on my 84 (230000 miles), so i figure ill check out ebay. of course, the number of 1984 honda accord owner is dwindling everyday, so i didnt find anything. however, i did find a ton of 32/36 carbs, and even a couple 32/36 dgev carbs. so, will this carb on ebay fit my 1984 honda 1.8L ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33550&item=2432190237

here are the specs for my cars weber conversion from piercemanifords.com

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/Catalogpages/honda.htm

so, as i understand it, if i buy this weber, and buy an adapter plate for my car and that carb, it will work in my car... correct? i would of course, remove the manifold included with the carb (from the vw he took it out of). someone please correct me if i am way off base here. im a carb idiot... as some of you already know. so yea, thats my potential plan. any feedback, critisizm, tips would be GREATLY appreciated.
thanks

shepherd79
09-12-2003, 09:30 AM
you are correct. it will fit with right base adapter.
you will need to get base adapter and linkages.

RustyHo88
09-12-2003, 02:22 PM
WOO WHOO! so if i just buy the base plate, and linkage parts of that carburetor conversion kit from piercemanifolds.com, as well as a 32/36 carb from ebay... ill be set. awesome, very good news, very good news indeed.

gosh... i wish i had just used the search option using 'weber dgev,' now i think ive got all the info i need. now, a couple other questions. what would i have to do to get the 32/36 dgav (water choke) to work? remember, i plan on keeping the manifold heater, and the car is a 2g. would i have to splice a hose somewhere to go to the weber? and also, would the base plate adaptor for the 32/36 also work for a 38? im assuming since its a weber, it has the same bottom design, meaning the only important thing is the shape of the manifold. and what about the pcv valve, and the egr valve? if i just cap them off, they wont hurt anything... or do i have to remove the whole thing? removing the egr pipe doesnt look very fun. any help would be grrrreat.