PDA

View Full Version : Swaps For 1985 Accord Hatch

Rapptor
09-12-2003, 09:15 AM
HI pals, great forum.
i do some tweaking things on my car so far, i change the the transmition with GSr gears, and the 5ta gear is the original one(old trasmition of 5 gears the stock one on my car), got 4-2-1 original fron honda 2", and others litters stuff.

I wanna know what engine is great for my car, some one tellme
1.B20 no vitec
2.B18
3.H22a Too muchh $$$$$
4.zc

But what really i wanna know is what engine fit on my car.
like my friend here me too do some familly projects, the usual things, car maintenance and not too dificult repairs. Thk u

wprocomp
09-12-2003, 09:30 AM
the only motor that I know of that will fit is either the A20 or an A18 maybe.....you prob could swap a b-series in it but I have never seen it done

PhydeauX
09-12-2003, 11:41 AM
You should be able to drop in the a20 that was already mentioned, or a jdm b20a sourced from a 2g prelude or 3g accord (you'll have to something to accomodate your axles in the b20a's trans if you were to go this route).

How did sticking the gsr gears in the tranny go? I'd been wondering for a while if the gears from a bseries tranny would fit into the case but I didn't want to buy a tranny just to satisfy a curiosity. Right now I'm running a 1g integra trans with a 2g prelude bell housing and 3g accord dx 5th and I'm happy with it.

andy

Rapptor
09-13-2003, 04:06 AM
PhydeauX:
ok,
1.i have to buy a new case trasmition of a 3gen accord 3doors, because the case are very similar to the original one.
2.well i dont really know how to say in english, but i buy the part who cover the front gate of the case trasmition of the integra 1gen. and all fit great....thats all