PDA

View Full Version : jdm b20a

Versanick
09-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Okay I've been looking for a long time and haven't found anything. GUDE says the valve tightnesses are supposed to be .006 and .008 (REAL tight)...

I'm assuming the ignition timing is supposed to be 15, having the same stroke as the a20...

But what about everything else?

Does anyone have a sort of Haynes' manual for the JDM accord 86-87? Is there anyone there from Japan who can give me all the specs on the motor? I don't know tightnesses, settings, turns, bolts, specs.... all I know is a few part numbers thanks to the great dudes on these boards. SOMEONE has to have a whole spec manual or all the information on the b20a? If someone sends me data, I'll post it. I've been trying to find someone from Japan or who knows. This motor's such a mystery every time we work on it. Someone must know someone on these boards is from japan?! I can't find anyone!

help please!

thanks dudes
paul

ps email me [email protected] or PM me that works best

NXRacer
09-12-2003, 12:13 PM
I would imagine that the lude b20 would have the same specs. Its basically the same motor with different motor mount locations. I'm sure all the important stuff is the same.

This is just an educated guess though.

RobT5580
09-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Yeah a bit of it does follow the B20A5 (prelude) motor but not as much as i would have thought. I would say torque specs would all be very similar and of that nature. But parts wise its a big mix up of parts depending on what you want to do.

Versanick
09-16-2003, 01:28 PM
Are the b20a headgaskets different so much so than the b20a5's that they're not the same? Even so much so that the single gasket itself won't fit?

I know the part numbers on the gaskets are much different (as for every motor), but is it possible that Honda just (like they often do) used the same part and gave it a different number, for identification?

Anyone know? Or anyone know where I can immediately order a head gasket or head gasket kit?

I found lots of the same packages for $133.25 right here http://www.importechparts.com/hondalist.html but they don't have the part # for OUR head gasket or head gasket kit (denoted with a PH3 in the middle)... they seem to have some b20a parts, but not that one. That's cheap for a gasket kit (compared to other prices I've seen)...

anyone?