PDA

View Full Version : Rear view mirror

Rendon LX-i
09-12-2003, 09:17 PM
sup, ok my rear view mirror is gay. its all lose and when i adjust it to where i want it at it just goes back down and shit. is there any way i can tighten the fucker. thanks

Josh

Mac
09-13-2003, 06:40 AM
Not sure but I don't think so. If it is loose in the back of the mirror I didn't notice anything that can be tightened down. If it is loose where it mounts to the roof, there are 3 screws that can be tightened. You might need to take a ride to the junkyard.

Rendon LX-i
09-13-2003, 06:57 AM
yeah i know what u mean. its not the top its the bottom. i'll try to do something.

Mac
09-13-2003, 07:02 AM
I know this is weak, but you can try and jam a piece of folded paper in it to hold it until you can replace it.

Rendon LX-i
09-13-2003, 07:10 AM
yeah. i'll try that

Razka
09-21-2003, 07:05 AM
Mine is exactly the same. Never stays where I put it - always moving around. I don't think it's anything to do with needing to be replaced, probably is how it was made? That is just a guess... I am hoping it doesn't need to be replaced =)

Mac
09-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Why wouldn't you just replace it if it needs to be. They are cheap at the junk yard, and a couple of screws to remove.

Razka
09-21-2003, 05:17 PM
I don't know of any local junkyards, as I am new to the area (Baltimore). I would love to find one, cuz I got a bunch of things I would like to fix on my car.

DBMaster
09-22-2003, 06:21 AM
I know exactly what it is. If you take the mirror off - remove the plastic cover on the ceiling and unscrew the three Phllips head screws - you will be able to see the ball and socket joint on the back of the actual mirror. The "socket" part of the joint is cracked. This is very common on these mirrors. If you find one in a j/y that is not cracked it soon will be.

I fixed mine by putting some epoxy with a toothpick on the cracks in the socket. Be careful not to get much on the ball or the mirror may never move again! You don't have to worry too much because there is grease on the ball so the glue won't stick well to it. Then, I put some blue Loc-Tite on the ball itself.

Once you do this the thing WILL stay put.