PDA

View Full Version : What to do ??

gekko
09-13-2003, 07:03 AM
well i got an Aerodeck i want to grind cam shaft (A20A4) but i still want to drive my car =) so i wonder i got an Accord 86 EX carb (A20A2) can i just send in that cam and install it into my Aerodeck when i get cam back from regrinding or do i need the cam from my Aerodeck ??

so i wonder can i use the A20A2 (carb) cam in my A20A4 (EFI) ???

modu03
09-13-2003, 02:56 PM
uhh... I believe that you can not use the cam from the carb engine for an efi engine...

shepherd79
09-13-2003, 04:49 PM
yes you can use the cam. it will lose some power but you can use it.
you can send the CARB cam to regrind, and use it later. it doesn't matter what cam it is. it will be regrided anyway.

gekko
09-14-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
yes you can use the cam. it will lose some power but you can use it.
you can send the CARB cam to regrind, and use it later. it doesn't matter what cam it is. it will be regrided anyway.

so if i send my carb to regrind and install it into my efi engine it would be the same result as sending in my efi cam and regrind that ??

the prob is my efi car is running just perfect and my carb engine is just crap and not workin at all ... so i want a regrind to my efi car , but i want to drive it while waiting for the regrind ,, so i wanna get the cam from my other car and just send that cam in and use it in my efi car .... i live in norway and don't wanna be like amonth or so without driving my love (Aerodeck) .....

shepherd79
09-14-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by gekko
so if i send my carb to regrind and install it into my efi engine it would be the same result as sending in my efi cam and regrind that ??

Yes, it will work.

gekko
09-14-2003, 04:54 PM
i know u understod what i really was trying to explain there ...

when i read it now , i see how crap my english is
sorry for that

how much hp will i loose if i use the carb cam ?

thundertank
09-18-2003, 04:23 PM
why dont you just leave everything how it is and order the new cam? they will send you the cam and you swap them and send them the old one. I only had to pay a $30 core and it was refunded quickly. its up to you though, but then you wouldnt have to swap cams more than you need to.

deadlight
09-18-2003, 06:31 PM
You won't lose power man, if they grind your cam, they basically make it an entirely new cam, it won't matter what A20 motor it's from, whatever cam, they'll completely change the lift and shit on it so it doesn't mean shit if it's from a carb.