PDA

View Full Version : speaker idea

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-13-2003, 09:27 AM
i've been thinking about this for a while and wanted to get some feedback. this is only an idea, won't be able to do it in the near future, but will keep in mind. ok, when you look at 6x9's ,wether they be aftermarket or stock, they are raised up from the board in the back, correct? how would it look to remove the speaker and take out the piece that holds it up higher? when you install them again the would be relatively flush, of course they would come up just a little. if you recover the back then the fabric could be brought right up to the "grill" of the speaker and give it a clean look. say your interior is black and you make the speakers flush in the rear. if you recover then it will have a more flat and clean look to it, correct. i'm hoping i'm stating this in a way that is easily understood. anyway, it was an idea and part of another idea can be related in a way. that idea will be relayed to you a little later. it has to do with a sub enclosure. anyway, let me know if i should elaborate more or what you think of the idea. TIA

zero.counter
09-13-2003, 04:04 PM
I think that a flush look would be great. One reason, would be for its discreetness.

danronian
09-13-2003, 08:38 PM
I thought of it but the torsion bars that hold up the trunk are in the way of the speaker cage if it is any lower then the stock height. Maybe if you used real shallow speakers it would work though. I was just using $18 a pair roadmasters from walmart, but now I have them mounted in boxes(which I got for free)behind the back seat so I can put the stock grills on so the back panel doesnt look like crap anymore.

3G Jester
09-14-2003, 04:50 AM
bolt the speakers from behind the the board. then put in some mesh over the speaker...you could get completly flush that way.

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-18-2003, 06:48 AM
i've looked at the speakers from inside the trunk and they basically hang in the stock position. what i mean is that they are screwed down from the top, like they should be, but they aren't supported or hindered underneath. i may get a pic of it today and load it up tommorrow when i get some time at home. today is a long day.

Bloodlust
09-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Damn that would be nice. It would look very sleek. :smokin: