PDA

View Full Version : Chirping INTAKE?

Chris86Lxi
06-18-2002, 05:13 AM
Hey guys, Ive had my intake on for about 4 months now and there has always been this damn chirping noise coming from the intake. I know it's not the filter now b/c i took the filter off and stepped on the gas and it still chirps, and when it chirps, let me tell ya, it's loud and very annoying now!! I thought i could get used to it but it's to damn annoying. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what to do? Do ya think the Throttle just needs to be cleaned out? It chirps when i push on the gas about half way down. When i slam it down and the throttle is completely open then it doesn't do it. Should i take the intake tube off and clean out the throttle?
Thanks alot,

Chris

1988starter
06-18-2002, 08:37 AM
A friend of mine had that problem it turned out to be his intake tubing. Have you ever blown across a bottle to make a sound well it was the same thing with his but with a little ajusting it was fixed.

Chris86Lxi
06-18-2002, 02:33 PM
I don't know how it is the tubing b/c all i have is the short ram civic intake tubing. What would i adjust? I'll try cleaning the throttle out too.
Thanks,

Chris

1988starter
06-18-2002, 06:18 PM
U mean the rubber vacume tubing you have to plug into the intake.

Chris86Lxi
06-18-2002, 06:31 PM
well it's definately the throttle. I took the whole intake setup off and i cleaned it out, wiped it down good, but it still chirps. Oh well.

Chris

A20A1
06-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Here's an Idea...

Take the intake pipe off and stick the filter directly to the throttle body... does the chirping get worse?

If it does get worse, then it's just the length of the pipe that needs adjusting...

accordlx
06-18-2002, 07:29 PM
Did your intake suck up a bird's nest?

rallyeNate
06-18-2002, 07:35 PM
is prolly the tube there was a point about the air moving threw the tube and causing a chirping noise. did you buy all of this from autozone? i am using the same intake but i have a k&n at the end. i had to cut about 2inches off the tube to make it if, idont have this problem. try placing the just the air filter on the tb and also try no tube or no air filter.

CoAsTeR
06-19-2002, 04:55 AM
well at least its not meowing! Last year when we took my buddy's chevelle outta storage, he went to fire it up and it was making some REALLY weird noises. Turns out.... there was a familly of kittens living in his airbox and one of the kittens had a paw stuck in the 4bbl. This is coming from the same guy that had mice livingin his exhaust when he went to start it up after storage a couple years before the cat incident ahhahha.... since then we learned to plug up as many holes as possible before sticking it away in the barn. :D

just my two cents worth......

Chris86Lxi
06-19-2002, 01:41 PM
Well, i took the intake tube off and the started the car up and when i hit the gas it still chirps. The damn throttle just chirps for some reason and won't quit. When that butterfly opens up a little bit it like to chirp. I don't know why, but it just does it. Oh well. Fuck it!

Chris