PDA

View Full Version : Seats...

Oakenfold
09-13-2003, 05:26 PM
I would like to know what nice leather seats would fit in an 89 2 door Ex-I??? Also does anyone know what dashboards are compatible with the 3rd gen (like from what other cars)???

thank u

Blue Impact
09-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Seats for your coupe that would fit perfectly could come out of the SE-i (coupe for sure, uncertain about sedans though). As far as dashboards go, I have no clue. Good luck.

Oakenfold
09-13-2003, 05:45 PM
well SE-Is are hard to come by... in the 2 years I've had my car I saw one on the road! I'm wondering if GSR leather seats fit... or maybe Acura Legend... or something like that!

As for dashboards I really have no clue. so I'm counting on some of u experts to help me out! :)

danronian
09-13-2003, 07:55 PM
If you do searches you will find quite a few people who have done seat swaps from other cars. The thing is almost none of them have fit up perfectly. Just do some searches in the general and appearance forums. I just did some the other day and found quite alot.

Dibbs
09-15-2003, 08:11 AM
Your best bet is to make sure you include the brackets for your seats and adapt them to whatever seats you want to install. This may not be easy unless you know a bit about metal fabrication.

Vinny
09-15-2003, 08:35 AM
might wanna read this first, its from the how-to section
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?src=twr&A=0820

Justin86
09-15-2003, 09:43 AM
A dash swap in highly unlikely. Seats can be done. You can also get some custom racing seats, Sparco, etc.

crwa
09-17-2003, 05:24 PM
yeah, I have Sparco's in my car and I had to have custome brackets made for them... But dash, none will just bolt right in... You'd have to do alot of cutting na dsmoothing to get anything else to line up, but then you run into the problem of wiring everything up in the cluster...

Oakenfold
09-18-2003, 08:53 AM
damn that's bad news about the dash!
about the seats, the thing is I don't want racing seats... I just want some nice leather seats... so i think I'll just go to an upholstery place to get the to dress up my seats with nice leather covers...

johndej
09-18-2003, 12:23 PM
yeah, getting them reapholstered sounds alot easier then looking for an SE-I or trying to put something else in there.