PDA

View Full Version : B series cylinder head cover???

Magny
09-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Hey guys, a buddy of mine from work wanted to know if he has a B20 and wants to swap the B16 head on it, will it work??? or a B18 at least. Cause he found an intake manifold from Edelbrock that he wants to put on the B20 but it only goes to the B16 and B18. Please reply with the best answer possible, instead of giving a flat out no. just give a simple detail reason why it wont fit, if it doesn't, or if it is possible to do. If it is, I need a how to so I can let him know what the process is to get it on. Or if he can just modify the head to fit on the intake manifold that he wants to get.

Thanks Guys.

BTW, don't label me as a newbie just cause I am askin this question, IMO I think it is possible with a little modification.

P.S. Hey mods. or admins, I didn't know really exactly where to post this, but if you can place it in its correct listing please.

shepherd79
09-14-2003, 03:18 AM
this post in the right place.

I think someone tried to do that, and it didn't work.
there were problems with some oil or coolant passages.
do the search about it on Engine swap section.
about the intake manifold, i think it may fit on B20 with no problem or with very little modification.

toastyghost
09-14-2003, 01:15 PM
It was done to a B20A5 by Tom Coleman at Ludespeed. That is the 3rd gen USDM Prelude Si motor that's very similar to the JDM Accord B20A. He was not satisfied with the power gains for the difficulty of completing the head swap and therefore decided to not offer the kit anymore.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22470

Here's my thread with a visual comparison between the B20A and B16A decks. Phydeaux's markup of the B16A deck is a red X now, though.