PDA

View Full Version : Carb is not looking good

fuzzy audio
09-13-2003, 10:42 PM
So I was going some work on my car tonight and found that my carb is leaking gas. And a lot of it. Not like shooting out, but it's enough. Anyway, I was hoping if anyone has re-built a carb, how much it was, and what troubles you ran into? Also is it worth it to shell out the extra $ for a new one? I don't have a back up vehical and I really don't want to rip out all the ECU stuff either. Thoughts?

A20A1
09-13-2003, 10:45 PM
leaking gas from where? the Float adjust screw? or a lower base gasket?

fuzzy audio
09-13-2003, 10:47 PM
there was enough that we couldn't tell. It looked like the lower base gasket and somewhere else up higher, but I couldn't tell for sure. I can tell you it was coming out on the drivers side of the carb though. that is FOR SURE. BTW, I tightened the carb down just a hair more. Didn't crank on it or anything, but made sure it was snug, so my hunch is that it's somewhere higher up.

fuzzy audio
09-15-2003, 12:31 AM
ewll after ripping it all down today, it appears to be leaking about by the little window on the carb, though i can't say where around there it is leaking for sure. it also looks like the gasket around the base still needs to be changed. any thoughts? A20A1?

shepherd79
09-15-2003, 03:31 AM
you can get rebuild kit from Autozone or any other autoparts stores.