PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a H4 WIRING KIT?????

Rendon LX-i
09-14-2003, 07:07 PM
hey, will i just got my h4 conversion kit. and i asked my friend if he will help me out he said that i need to get a h4 wiring kit. i was like (OK). So do i need one? How did u all connect it? my friend said that it will melt my wires and housing if i just put it in like that. that would suck ass. Im just trying to make sure before i put the kit in. THANKS

Josh.

P.S. HELP ME OUT ON THIS ONE:bow:

MrBen
09-14-2003, 07:18 PM
I've never heard of that. I have H4 conversions and I am using the stock wiring.

Rendon LX-i
09-14-2003, 08:46 PM
so u just plug the stock wire to the bulb and thats it. nothing will happen

MrBen
09-14-2003, 08:55 PM
At least not for me. I can't think of anyone who had to swap wire harnesses. I know I had to replace mine though, because the wires snapped from the years and years of the lights flipping up and down.

Rendon LX-i
09-14-2003, 09:13 PM
No mine are ok. right now i can plug them in if i wanted to. but i dont wanna melt my shit. or nothing. i'll try it

cdscowboy
09-15-2003, 02:02 AM
You should be fine, as Ghetto stated. I've had my conversion for like a year and a half now, and no problems other than a burnt bulb (due to moisture...I make kits to remedy that...PM for details!). Just make sure the bulbs you get are at or pretty near the stock watt usage level. I have PIAAs that only use 55w/65w, but they put out 2x that (according to PIAA). So just check the draw on your system...but really you should be fine man.

Justin86
09-15-2003, 09:41 AM
I you run a high watt bulb like 100W on the stock wiring you will go through bulbs twice as fast. The biggest you want to get it 55/65

k-roy
09-15-2003, 10:43 AM
The answer is no you do not have to replace the wires, but it would be a good idea. APC (Yes the rice company) makes a h4 wiring harness conversion for $50. I used it on my Mitsubishi after I burnt out four bulbs in six months. The truck has the exact same headlights as the Accord, just no popups. After I installed it the lights were slightly brighter, no flicker and the bulbs have lasted two years.

Justin86
09-15-2003, 11:00 AM
the harness will help but is not necessary.

Rendon LX-i
09-15-2003, 11:44 AM
so what blub wattage should i get. i got 55/65 blubs that came with the kit. So thats Ok then?. They are SUGO RACING BLUBS HID wanna be shit. well that wat is says on the blub box.

Josh