PDA

View Full Version : Amp rack/cooling Ideas?

goldyaccord
09-15-2003, 12:52 AM
I need to build an amp rack for my Audiobahn amp and run fans on it. It gets mad hot in a airtight trunk in 100degree temps.

the fooker shuts off if I up the gain past 1/3rd. Gotta move some air!

what's my best bet?

3G Jester
09-15-2003, 01:54 AM
keep a spray bottle with ice water in your refrigerator/freezer--before you leave bring it with you. when your amp gets hot spray it down too cool it off.

goldyaccord
09-15-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
keep a spray bottle with ice water in your refrigerator/freezer--before you leave bring it with you. when your amp gets hot spray it down too cool it off.

I wouldn't do that.......

I'm looking to just build a rack and push one fan in, and two out. Fans will run on a relay. Maybe mount the amp vertical. If I keep the gain all the way down (still bumps pretty good) the amp stays on for a LOOONG TIME. Anything more than 9 o'clock setting, the amp will go into thermal protection for about 2 mins and then come back on for a minute or so.

POS carb
09-16-2003, 05:01 AM
get a relay and set it up to power the remote lead on the amp and the fans, that way the fans come on when the amp does and doesn't screw up the radio's output from too much current draw. Get some PC fans, find them anywhere, even on ebay=