PDA

View Full Version : Weber Removal

Don87LX
05-01-2002, 06:41 AM
ok this is a straight forward as it looks right?

Take off the bolts, lift the carb off/
remove gasket material/
remove the base plate/
remove gasket material/
loctight the Adapter plate's bolts in/
replace base gasket/
replace base/
replace carb gasket/
replace carb/
adjust carb.

Right??

the reason for doing this in in the post "Dammit!! I'm doing my own..."

Don87LX
05-01-2002, 07:44 AM
Also with all the talk about turning the carb around an what not on the old board, which way should it go back on. Right now my mix and speed are on the firewall side and the throtle pulls toward the nose of the car. What the old posts this is the correct direction right?

PhydeauX
05-01-2002, 09:11 AM
Thats it, the carb is a bit of a pain to unbolt from the adapter but thats about it. You have the carb on the right way, with the idle screws pointing twards the firewall.

andy

Don87LX
05-01-2002, 09:41 AM
thanks man. it just started to drizze a bit and I dont have a grage so it looks like its going to be tomarrow....*sigh*

Don87LX
05-01-2002, 12:31 PM
ok the rain held off and I went ahead and did it. All went well and car runs great but. It makes a weird whistleing sound....coud one of my gaskets ripped as I was tightening it? what would cause the carb to whistle?

PhydeauX
05-01-2002, 01:25 PM
Get out the carb cleaner and spray around the base to see if you have a leak. The gaskets wouldn't rip when you were tightening them, they tend to rip when you take them off.

andy

Don87LX
05-01-2002, 05:07 PM
The base to adapter gasket was leaking. Appearently it has been leaking since I picked the car up. When I picked it up, the car had a very slight whistle. They said that is was just how the carb sounded. So today I put it back together after loctighting everything but the nuts that hold the carb down, the whistle was very loud and the car quit idling. I pulled if all back off, made two new gaskets and reassembled it. No more whistle, nice smooth idle, no more stumbling, no more low RPM lean out. Life is wonderful. Thanks for all the help!

AccordChemist
05-01-2002, 05:53 PM
seems to me that you shouldnt go back to the place that put your weber on...heh