PDA

View Full Version : Modding Season over the Weekend of 9/20.

HostileJava
09-15-2003, 01:34 PM
Just wanted to let all you guys know that this weekend is the last big car show in my area and after that my winter wheels are going on and the stock springs are going back on. Any projects like the Teg bumper and other major mods are being put on hold till it warms up again. I'm switching over to my winter modding hobby, Computers. I'll be posting the things I'm doing with the PC in the offtopic if anyone is interested. I'll be posting alot less but, I'll be back in the spring. I just can't stand to work on the car with my ass freezing off. You all who have seen me, know I have no fat to insulate myself :D .

Vinny
09-15-2003, 01:41 PM
I wanna see what the car looks like in winter wear, probably still looks better than most of ours. And yes we all know about you and cold weather, ya skinny lil shit:D j/k My whole family's from New England so I know how ya feel. I know ya been busy, yer already posting less and less so I'd hate to see what the winter will be like. Keep us up with what ya got goin and I can't wait to see what you get done to the car as soon as it warms up. Maybe I'll get to get a jump on ya since it always semi warm here in South GA

zero.counter
09-15-2003, 02:43 PM
I am glad that it is pretty warm where I live year round. The coldest we get in the winter is in the twenties and even that is bearable.

It just sucks when you are working on the car and your hands can't move with those wind chills that cause your joints to stiffen.

MattsAccord
09-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Man thats suck 20's, the coldest it is like 30's - 40's it only snows if we get lucky which is not to often. :flip:

MrBen
09-15-2003, 04:41 PM
We didn't get snow last year, but I am sure we will this year. We had a hard summer, which usually goes with a hard winter around here.

MattsAccord
09-15-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
We didn't get snow last year, but I am sure we will this year. We had a hard summer, which usually goes with a hard winter around here.

We've had a few dry winters in a row down here so this could be the year where it gets really wet. Hope it dosen't snow I hate driving in the snow.

MrBen
09-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Me too, I haven't done it yet in my car though.

Cyric_accord
09-15-2003, 06:48 PM
bah, ya wuss! :) I work on mine until its below 25 F, and then I move it into my dad's garage, but it isn't heated so You get a lil chilled while working in there

zero.counter
09-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Cyric_accord
bah, ya wuss! :) I work on mine until its below 25 F, and then I move it into my dad's garage, but it isn't heated so You get a lil chilled while working in there
:lol

danronian
09-15-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by HostileJava
I just can't stand to work on the car with my ass freezing off. You all who have seen me, know I have no fat to insulate myself :D .
I remember last year I was flushing my coolant with hot water and it was so cold that soon as it hit the ground it froze and the whole driveway was ice. That sucked but was worth it. I know what you mean about hating working in the cold, but it really doesnt get that cold around here until mid December usually. I love working in the cold other then numb fingers. I just wish I had another hobby and I would fall back on it in the winter just the same, but since car crafting is my only hobby, I go all through winter with numb fingers.

MattsAccord
09-15-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
Me too, I haven't done it yet in my car though.

First time I drove in the snow I put it into a little ditch. Didn't hurt anything. The thing that sucked is It was probley because I was driving to slow. :werd:

MrBen
09-15-2003, 09:29 PM
Yikes!

Vinny
09-15-2003, 09:31 PM
ohhhhhh hell with workin outside in the bad weather, Did enough of that in the Military. Cold, rain, sleet, snow had enough. Had enough sub 0 temps workin in Iceland, enough 120+ omn the ramp in Saudi and Turkey, Working in day long downpours in Puerto Rico and Panama, Enough about that, nope aint doin it unless its life or death from now on

HostileJava
09-16-2003, 03:35 AM
Yes well, I really don't like being uncomfortable, so I'm stopping for the winter. I just painted the inside of the sides of a black computer case a nice blood red. Maybe I'll get some pictures up when the whole inside and chassis are painted.

3G Jester
09-16-2003, 04:10 AM
our cars are no problem in hte snow :-D at least my hatchback wasnt....just slow it down and they go pretty good.

danronian
09-16-2003, 05:24 AM
I went up mountains last year in about 6 inches of snow with an empty gas tank, less then a month driving a stick, and bald tires. It wasnt bad until the pass. side wiper stopped working half way home. If I did that last year, this year with new tires and driving experience, I'll go anywhere in the snow!

Dibbs
09-16-2003, 01:21 PM
Java...

What do you think about the new UV reflective acrylic cases w/ all the UV reflective lights, fans and wiring? Rice for computers or bad ass?

zero.counter
09-16-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by HostileJava
I just painted the inside of the sides of a black computer case a nice blood red.
Sounds delightful!

HostileJava
09-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Dibbie
Java...

What do you think about the new UV reflective acrylic cases w/ all the UV reflective lights, fans and wiring? Rice for computers or bad ass?

I think it can look very nice or very ricey. It depends on if you over do it or not. I've seen a couple cases where they just do the CPU fan and the electric wires. That looks very nice. I've also seen cases with everthing UV reflective and UV paint all over them. That looks ricey to me, just stick with a UV case and a few UV components to set it off.

Dibbs
09-16-2003, 01:30 PM
UV PAINT!!???:omg:

OMG that does sound like computer rice!

BITESIZE
09-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Guess I'll just have to put my snowboard rack to use again.

HostileJava
09-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Well, I just went to the car show. I won best import at show. It wasn't to hard though, considering that out of about 100 cars four of them were imports. I didn't do the switch yet, guess I'm lazy. But this week everthing is getting switched back.

Bloodlust
09-22-2003, 11:17 AM
It's funny you mentioned about the modding season being over Java. I was just thinking about buying an SUV for the winter time. Not trading my 3g in of course. Just dont want to had a recap of last winter. I hit a damn salt truck. Dont want it to happen again....

Cyric_accord
09-22-2003, 01:35 PM
the modding over this weekend continued... We had an accord club meet and I installed an AirFX Intake into some guys 6th gen... it sounded sweet, nice and deep... wish mine sounded like that.