PDA

View Full Version : Quick Quick Help!!

A Dawg Jr
09-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Hey, I need to know real quick how to fuse a power line to the + bat line??? I have a straight 8 guage wire. Do I just strip them both, twist, solder, and tape??

A Dawg Jr
09-15-2003, 03:34 PM
ttt

shepherd79
09-15-2003, 03:39 PM
8 gauge? what are you running?
the best way to make the connection is to get new battery clamps.
something like this: http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/STISBT428P

it will keep the battery connections corrosion free and it will look better than solder and tape.

Vinny
09-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Here's what ya need and what ya need to do with it

Paste flux
Soldering iron
Solder with a rosin core

1.Dip the ends of the wire into the flux

2.Wrap the ends of the wire around the ends of the other wire

3.Touch the tip of the hot soldering iron to the tabs Keep the flat surface of the tip against the wires to heat them.

4.Touch the rosin-core solder to the wires but not to the tip of the iron. The heat from the tab and wires should melt the solder until a bead of solder covers the connection.

5.Let the solder cool before moving anything.

A Dawg Jr
09-15-2003, 04:14 PM
K, thanks guys..

PogiLXI
09-15-2003, 04:47 PM
DO NOT SOLDER the power Wire to the + on the batt!!!! I CANT STress enough that its NOT a good idea. You are going to really screw it up. Put a fuse I suggest a 60 Amp fuse within 4 feet of the Car bat. and use a Ring. You can use a coper Crimp Ring, you can get them for like 20 cents or something. use that.

Vinny
09-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by PogiLXI
DO NOT SOLDER the power Wire to the + on the batt!!!! I CANT STress enough that its NOT a good idea. You are going to really screw it up. Put a fuse I suggest a 60 Amp fuse within 4 feet of the Car bat. and use a Ring. You can use a coper Crimp Ring, you can get them for like 20 cents or something. use that. hmmmmmmm I was kinda under the assumption he knew that

zero.counter
09-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by A Dawg Jr
Hey, I need to know real quick how to fuse a power line to the + bat line??? I have a straight 8 guage wire. Do I just strip them both, twist, solder, and tape??
Hey Bro, didn't I go over this with you in-depth once before? I even went as far as telling you to get the special terminals for low AWG stereo power cables.

A Dawg Jr
09-15-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by zero.counter
Hey Bro, didn't I go over this with you in-depth once before? I even went as far as telling you to get the special terminals for low AWG stereo power cables.

I don't think so bro... and if we did talk about it, I bet i didn't understand and forgot what was said. Sorry. I'm not all up stairs I guess.. Anyway I got it set up and working, everything is fine. I just used an 8 AWG C Clamp ring thing, but I don't trust this fuse. I got it with a 301s RF amp, and I didn't have the 20 bucks for a good fuse at the car audio place, so I used it... but for some reason I just don't trust this thing. I keep looking at my hood for a fire...haha

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/383000-383999/383829_43_full.jpg

Should that work alright??? I've got it on right now so I hope so...

zero.counter
09-15-2003, 08:43 PM
I don't think so bro... and if we did talk about it, I bet i didn't understand and forgot what was said. Sorry. I'm not all up stairs I guess.. Anyway I got it set up and working, everything is fine. I just used an 8 AWG C Clamp ring thing, but I don't trust this fuse. I got it with a 301s RF amp, and I didn't have the 20 bucks for a good fuse at the car audio place, so I used it... but for some reason I just don't trust this thing. I keep looking at my hood for a fire...haha

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/383000-383999/383829_43_full.jpg

Should that work alright??? I've got it on right now so I hope so...
Here you go Bro,
THREAD (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22686)
Glad I could help man. Go to the store.
The fuse that you have is not recommended for that type of guage and even still, has puny wire leads which would serve as a bottleneck.

A Dawg Jr
09-15-2003, 09:00 PM
whoa dude, sorry if I pissed you off...

Thanks though :D

zero.counter
09-16-2003, 01:12 PM
whoa dude, sorry if I pissed you off...

Thanks though :D
No prob bob...j/k

I wasn't pissed, just informing you, you're cool with me man. :smokin:

HostileJava
09-16-2003, 02:05 PM
I have a 60 Amp Car Audio Circuit Breaker if your interested.

A Dawg Jr
09-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Eh, I just bought this thing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3046655141&category=32813&rd=1

The place down here charges 30 damn dollars...so I'll just wait for it to come... The amp is only 240 watts.. so I'm fine.. it sounds like shit though.. it's from target.. I just took it off the speakers. I guess I'm going to get a small 10 and put it back there just to get some bass behind the music.. I'm still undecided. But Thanks

If you have a Mono or 2 channel bridgeable amp I could be interested..

PogiLXI
09-17-2003, 02:55 AM
Ive got one, ITs an Orion 275 g4. works great. check orions websight for it. ITs goin to cost yah though, hehehehehehhee