PDA

View Full Version : Repaint interior.

Justin86
09-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Well I don't school untill the 29th so I started up a little project. I have begun to remove all the interior trim peices and paint them Navy Blue. I have the back half the the car completely stripped down to paint everthing. Also I'm insulating the trunk since I have it all apart. I have a few problems, I can't get the paint to dry on the e-brake handle. It remains sticky? I thought put a clear coat on it but even then it was still sticky. I'm using that Krylon Fusion. I tried regular paint on it but still sticky. :help:
Also I need to figure out a color to paint the dash trim and other little parts. I'm thinking either silver or white. They both go good with Navy Blue, just can't make up my mind.:confused:

Justin86
09-16-2003, 12:47 PM
BUMP
Come on people this is an opinion question. One of the easiest to answer, and it seems like everyone on this board has there own opinion and is not afraid to express it.

86AccordLxi
09-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Go silver fo sho....white i think is too great a contrast and I think silver looks classier anyway. Good luck. Wehre are you going to school?

Alex

Justin86
09-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 86AccordLxi
Go silver fo sho....white i think is too great a contrast and I think silver looks classier anyway. Good luck. Wehre are you going to school?

Alex
Rouge Community. It is a 4 min drive from where I live. :)
Yea I was talking to my mom about waht color to pick and she told be to stay with a more stock look (black gloss).

jayp6969
09-16-2003, 01:15 PM
im using vynal paint and works not problem.......ummm how did u get the front part of the dash apart im having trouble getting it off i think im missing some bolts or somthing at the top

Justin86
09-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by jayp6969
im using vynal paint and works not problem.......ummm how did u get the front part of the dash apart im having trouble getting it off i think im missing some bolts or somthing at the top
I haven't got to the front on the car yet. I'm thinking that the black trim around the dash just pops off??? Where did you get the vinal paint at?

jayp6969
09-16-2003, 06:47 PM
canadian tire.....im sure a local automotive store or home depot will sell it

Justin86
09-17-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by jayp6969
canadian tire.....im sure a local automotive store or home depot will sell it
I will have to check again but I don't remember any of the local stores have it. There is a few that I haven't checked though.

jayp6969
09-18-2003, 12:50 PM
this is how it would look

from poo brown 2 black

http://www.virtuahost.net/accord/7.jpg

Justin86
09-18-2003, 01:26 PM
Looks pretty good. What was the name of this vinal paint. I'm going to head into town pretty soon to get some stuff. :)