PDA

View Full Version : timing adjustment

rdn
09-16-2003, 01:23 AM
hi guys,

after swapping the cylinder head, i started to adjust the timing (with the timing light). it turned out that i had to decrease the timing all the way (not much adjusting leeway there) in order to get a proper timing, and still, the timing is a litle bit to high (10+2, i.e., the upper limit)...the car is running ok though. any chance i did someting wrong while swaping the head?

cheers!

AZmike
09-16-2003, 02:24 AM
I'd take another look to make sure that the cam is at TDC when the crank is at TDC. It sounds like your timing belt may be off a tooth.

ACCORD EX
09-16-2003, 03:10 AM
i have the exact problem ! and it's propably the timing belt off a teeth !

Mike !

rdn
09-16-2003, 03:37 AM
ok...that's what i thought too....it seems that the guys that changed the belt before me did the mess...i made sure that i re-installed the whole thing exactly as it was on the old cylinder head....i'll have another look anyway

strange that the car is running so well though!...is there any possibility to cause any damage if i leave it like it is now?

ACCORD EX
09-16-2003, 11:37 AM
no damage for one teeth advance ! you may hear some pinging when you accelerate hard ! and if you want that to go use higher grades of fuel !

Mike !