PDA

View Full Version : BEFORE pic of my car

ICEMAN707
09-16-2003, 01:35 AM
I just thought I'd take a "BEFORE" pic of my car for your visual enjoyment. In this pic it's in bare primer finish, prepped, smoothed out, and cleaned up by yours truly :D. It's been sent off to the shop to be custom painted and bodykitted. She'll be gone for two weeks. "AFTER" pics coming soon! Stay tuned. Feel free to give comments.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/379000-379999/379946_29.jpg

My cardomain site: http://www.cardomain.com/id/iceman707

SiR
09-16-2003, 07:19 AM
You better brings pics out the day you get it back from the shop!

Vinny
09-16-2003, 07:28 AM
thats what I'm wanting to see, the after ones

Hash_man_Se_i
09-16-2003, 11:34 AM
The car looked good before... I can't wait for the after pics.

ICEMAN707
09-16-2003, 03:18 PM
damn im worried about that hurricane Isabel coming to Orlando. i believe my car will be delayed if that hurricane hits. im driving a slow POS geo metro rental car for how. pretty embarassing. i don't get how some people could drive these things. no offense of course. anyways....oh well, at least my car will be safe inside a shop than in my driveway. take care buds!

NXRacer
09-16-2003, 03:35 PM
get some after pics......i hope they'll be better quality then the before pics!!! :D

Justin86
09-16-2003, 03:44 PM
What color are you getting it painted?

ICEMAN707
09-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Justin86
What color are you getting it painted?

Pearl white from a 95 Mitsubishi 3000Gt or 2003 Lexus. $250 a can!! :eek:

zero.counter
09-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Can't wait to see the results. Good job on the prep work BTW!

A Dawg Jr
09-16-2003, 07:09 PM
We're all expecting after pics, so you'll be hated if you don't update!!!!!!! j/m

guaynabo89
09-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ICEMAN707
damn im worried about that hurricane Isabel coming to Orlando. i believe my car will be delayed if that hurricane hits. im driving a slow POS geo metro rental car for how. pretty embarassing. i don't get how some people could drive these things. no offense of course. anyways....oh well, at least my car will be safe inside a shop than in my driveway. take care buds!

Don't worrry about it it isn't gong to come this way. Alll you have to do is have faith.:D

Weren't you the one who was getting their car painted over at Sunshine collision on Michigan av in Kissimmee?

ICEMAN707
09-17-2003, 01:31 AM
no, A-class Autobody. they do great work with conversions. the owner has a maroon 91 300zx with 96 supra taillights and custom widebody, and a red 93 twin turbo rx7 with 03 celica projector headlights....so i know he does great work. i'll be helping with more additional prep work while the car is at the shop so i can learn a few things along the way. this is a once in a lifetime learning experience i am willing to share with everyone interested. with my help and all that, all he pretty much has to do himself is the paint....so for $1200 he will do it. not a bad deal considering he normally charges upwards of $2500 for this kind of work. 3 stage pearl white with 3 coats of clear. bright colors resist fading better over the years and looks better on sharp body styles like the 3gee while dark colors look great on curvy body styles like the rx7.

ICEMAN707
09-18-2003, 05:40 AM
UPDATE:

day 1 at bodyshop:

the 90-93 accord sides and rear are easy to put on and fits just right. the side skirts are 4 inches too long and was cut and the 2 pieces combined and epoxy glued overnight with screws. screws were taken off the next day and the skirts were refiberglassed on the inside and polyurethane resin was used to blend the 2 pieces into one.

the front is a big challenge, still working on how we are going to get this front to fit perfect. so far it looks promising. we are debating between 90-93 accord front, 90-93 integra front, or 97-01 prelude front. my idea is to mold the front bodykit with the existing stock bumper. taking the 3/4 bottom half of the kit and mating it with 1/4 top half of the stock bumper. but i am hoping we can use the entire kit with just some dremel cutting/trimming here and there. we'll have to see. if all works well, this should be the result:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/379000-379999/379946_30.jpg

HondaBoy
09-20-2003, 09:57 PM
hey ICEMAN707, i like your car. looks good. you basicly got the same idea as i do about the exhaust. the dual mufflers with 2 tips to each. i like those smallish tips cuz they look more old school sporty.

ICEMAN707
09-21-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by HondaBoy
hey ICEMAN707, i like your car. looks good. you basicly got the same idea as i do about the exhaust. the dual mufflers with 2 tips to each. i like those smallish tips cuz they look more old school sporty.

thanks for the compliment. it's the only way to do an exhaust for a Black Widow rear bodykit with the two exhaust outlets. i think they look funny with just one muffler and a hole on the other side. some people shave the other hole off but it doesn't look right IMO. they also look funny with big round-tipped mufflers. they look better with dual-tipped or flat rectangular tipped mufflers. people are concerned about performance when going with duals, to me, it's all about the piping. me, my piping is 2.25" from the cat to the Y-split into two 1.5" piping to the mufflers. no loss in backpressure at all with the dc sports headers and catco freeflow catalytic converter. nice deep sound. no fart can sound.

ICEMAN707
09-21-2003, 08:58 AM
UPDATE:

day 2 at bodyshop:

i am doing some work with fiberglass resin and plastic body filler.

i shaved the side moldings...not completely flat, but in a slant "/" with the indention at the bottom. i think it looks sleeker that way. my friend has his civic's side moldings shaved and it looks like a big part is missing there. now he wants me to design some side graphics for him to fill that space.

i am also working with my trusty dremel to cut some vent holes on the hood and trying to custom make an EVO8 vent like the new lancer EVO8's have...with some fiberglass work.

i'm telling you, my best friends right about now are my dremel, my orbital sander, lots of sandpaper, plastic bondo, epoxy glue and poly resin (liquid plastic).

kicker1_solo
09-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ICEMAN707

the front is a big challenge, still working on how we are going to get this front to fit perfect. so far it looks promising. we are debating between 90-93 accord front, 90-93 integra front, or 97-01 prelude front. that's what I was afraid of too. I compared my gf's car (92 accord) and mine and things just didn't look quite right. I'm picking up a 90-93 teg front bumper tomorrow though, if you want to wait a few days before doing your front I'll be able to give you some input on the 2nd gen teg bumper.
Car looks great though, love what you're doing with it, and it's a sedan just like mine, can't go wrong with that.

ICEMAN707
09-23-2003, 03:23 PM
thanks kicker, let me know on that 2nd gen teg bumper ASAP. i've held off buying the front bodykit for now till i am sure it fits. so far i got the side skirts and rear fitted perfectly with minor work. but looks like 90-93 accord front kit mated to the stock bumper with fiberglassing work would be the best bet. anyways, im getting my dual exhaust done while the BlackWidow rear is on.

A Dawg Jr
11-01-2003, 01:40 PM
HOW DID IT TURN OUT?

dXsquared
11-01-2003, 02:05 PM
over a month later and no pics??

Travis

ICEMAN707
11-01-2003, 07:45 PM
sorry guys, no pics yet. i decided to do the bodywork myself and save some more money on the paintjob. i wanna add chrome flakes into the paint and 2 more layers of clearcoat. i am refiberglassing the bodykit to make it 4 times thicker and sturdier. im not really in a rush to get it painted this month cus i still have some ideas i need to do before the paint is on. cus once it is painted, that's it. i can't do anymore custom bodywork unless i spend more $$$ for another painjob. and this paint isn't cheap. i want to do some vents on the hood and little scoops on the rear side doors NSX style. but once it is done, it will all be worth it..trust me.

Justin86
11-02-2003, 06:58 PM
Well hurry I want to see this all finished.