PDA

View Full Version : Windshield wiper fluid

MrBen
09-16-2003, 08:11 AM
Well this has bugged me since I got the car... the windshield wiper fluid doesn't work. I've checked the tubing from the top of the fender to the nozzles, and it seems to be fine. I don't know where else to check, and to check the pump I think it requires taking the bumper off, something I don't want to do.

Vinny
09-16-2003, 08:25 AM
you should be able to hear the pump run from outside the car, just lower the window and reach in to hit the switch. Mine didn't work when I got the car but you could hear the pump running. The line was getting squashed under the hood where it comes out of the fenders because it didn't have the 2 guide clips on the edge of the hood. According to the manual you have to pull the bumper, I'm not 100% sure but when I pulled my filter dryer to change it i went throurh the inner fender skirt and the res was right there. Might be a way to get to the pump that way. I know my Taurus SHO pump was in the fender like that it had a big ordeal to get to , so I just layed under it and reched blind through the inner fender to get it in and out. Guess all my years of crawling and working blind on planes works out for me sometimes