PDA

View Full Version : Buck Buck

MrBen
09-16-2003, 09:08 AM
On a friend's 88 Accord, there has been this ongoing problem with bucking. By this I mean it feels like someone is tapping the gas pedal when you're on the freeway. It only does it when the gas tank is low and hasn't done it at any other time. When it happens, all power is lost and we have to pull off the freeway and then the car will die. Usually we can restart and then go to the gas station afterward. I know one time we bucked for 4 miles to a gas station, floored, doling about 40mph. What could be the problem here?

smufguy
09-16-2003, 09:46 AM
sounds like you got a bad fuel feed when the fuel level drops. You are talking about hesitation right? Like momentary power loss and power gain with interval of time? The process u can do is check to see if you any loose particles (rust particles) in ur gas tank cause they usually get sucked up on the filter bag at the end of the fuel feed line on the fuel pump. That would be my only guess since u mentioned it only happens when ur on low gas.

ACCORD EX
09-16-2003, 11:39 AM
the car is old ! so all the shit lies at the bottom of the gas tank ! i drive with at least 1/4 tank is full ! so i won't be getting the shit at the tank and not to be hard on the fuel pump !

Mike !

shepherd79
09-16-2003, 02:28 PM
i have the same problem whan i am running on low fuel. i had to add 3rd fine fuel filter. it still does it sometimes but not as offten.

MrBen
12-10-2004, 08:20 AM
I know this thread is old but the problem just got fixed. They tried fuel filters and that didn't help, so the replaced the fuel pump and the car is much more powerful now and there is no more bucking.

Just thought I would post this in case anyone else ever has this problem.