PDA

View Full Version : Headlight prob

89NinjaAccordLX
06-18-2002, 05:00 PM
So one of my lowbeam headlights is out. When the high beams are on it works. The fuse for the lowbeam isn't blown. Any ideas?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-18-2002, 05:07 PM
If I am correct..It's not a fuse!!! It's the sealed headlight!!! U need to replace the whole bulb!!! regular halogen bulbs are around 5 to 10 bucks!

89NinjaAccordLX
06-18-2002, 05:34 PM
Now... I remind you that the headlight WORKS when I flip on the high beams...

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-18-2002, 05:39 PM
mine did also!!! It's a diffrent rod ...one controls the high and the other controls low...

89accordlxi
06-18-2002, 07:03 PM
Yeah, our head lights have two different filaments. One for the low beam and one for the high beam. It is not uncommon for one to blow while the other one remains good. You will need to replace the whole sealed beam.

Peace out.

A20A1
06-18-2002, 07:32 PM
do the headlights have mores then one fuse??? like one in the engine bay and one in the car??? I dunno... just get a H3 conversion... but be careful of water leaks... :( :D

87accordlx
06-18-2002, 07:48 PM
exact same thing happened to me, it was a loose connection at the fuse box, next time it happens reach down and wiggle the fuse box and see if it helps

hope this helps

smufguy
06-19-2002, 08:03 AM
yeah, most of the bulbs that come on cars with just one headlight has two filaments in em (three prongs on the back of the bulb says it all). and mike, i dont know if we have two fuses for the headlights. never had a fuse blown so its kinda hard for me to know what the fuses are for in the cabin. :eek: . time to get a GE HO headlights!! those sealed beams are kick ass. I got em for my car when i put her together. they are nice and bright.

89accordlxi
06-19-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by A20A1
do the headlights have mores then one fuse??? like one in the engine bay and one in the car??? I dunno... just get a H3 conversion... but be careful of water leaks... :( :D

The fuses for the headlights are in the cabin. There are actually four of them. One for each high beam and one for each low beam.

I'm out...

chiller670
06-19-2002, 08:29 PM
This most likely doesn't help and i can't explain but i have tried to regular GE headlights and they don't work but the sylvania headlights worked perfect. :pimp:

BoredRec
06-19-2002, 09:36 PM
You guys are all wrong. It's not fuses or bulbs. The wires right there going to the bulb break over time. If you cut open the wire harness sheathing I guarentee you'll find a wire or two either breaking or already broke. They break cuz the lights flip up and down so much. It's actually a very common problem that a mechanic that doesn't know much history on takes a long time to figure out...so I'm just speeding up the process for you. Check those wires.

smufguy
06-20-2002, 06:43 AM
well if that is a senario, why not just hook a voltmeter across the terminals and check if the headlight bulb is blown?:rolleyes:

ACCORD EX
06-20-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
well if that is a senario, why not just hook a voltmeter across the terminals and check if the headlight bulb is blown?:rolleyes:

that what i always do after checking blown fuses first !

MIKE

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
06-20-2002, 09:58 PM
One of the other members has hit it right on the spot. You have burnt the low beam fillament. Remember, our headlights have a separate fillament for the low and high beam.

You have several choices. Replace your current sealed headlights with another set or get a set of conversion headlights. The conversion will allow you to use H4 bulbs. Nate has some of these conversion housings. Either that or you can get a set of E-Codes from Hella. The conversion housings give a far superior lighting pattern. In addition, you can use different types of bulbs such as PIAA, Narva, Hella, etc.

Claude

smufguy
06-21-2002, 06:52 AM
or what u can do is, take off the flip up headlight mechanism as a whole, block the holes behind the headlight. put two circular Hella off road lights on em :D