PDA

View Full Version : Center Armrest!!

Chris86Lxi
06-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Well, today when i went to get my car back from firestone i get in my car and look at my passenger seat and there it is, the top part of my armrest is broke off and sitting in the passenger seat. I stormed back in there to ask what the hell they did to my armrest.. The guy didn't know b/c he just deals with customers. He and I went to talk to mechanic that fixed my car and the guy confessed to breakin it but never told the customer service guy. So guess what?!? I'm gettin a BRAND NEW WHOLE CENTER ARMREST SECTION REPLACED FOR FREE!!! I'm so excited b/c it was already cracked bad and wobbly, halfway broken; it just depended on who leaned on it the hardest; and that guy did. Now Firestone gets to replace it when it was almost broken, but not quite.
HAHA

Chris

TeKKnoTeKK
06-18-2002, 06:53 PM
lol right on....sounds like you made out well :D

A20A1
06-18-2002, 07:15 PM
thats karazy... :p
So how many other parts have you rigged to fall off... and break.
:rolleyes: :lol

89accordlxi
06-18-2002, 07:33 PM
Do you know where they are getting the arm rest from. I have been looking for one for the longest time, but have no idea where to get one. Could you maybe ask them where they are ordering it from.

Thanks.

Peace out.

YK86
06-19-2002, 12:21 AM
If I remember correctly, didn't they stop making them??

Chris86Lxi
06-19-2002, 01:49 PM
I dunno guys. He said he is gonna order the part tomorrow(thurs.) He better fuckin get it and if he doesn't they'll give me some money and i'll buy one off of ebay sometime. Every once in a while they have them on there. I would think that someone carries them somewhere? I hope so. I love that thing. These past 2 days have been weird w/out having something to lean on.

Chris

Bassman
06-19-2002, 03:23 PM
Make sure you find out where he gets it from. I want one too!

valerit1
06-20-2002, 04:24 PM
I was told by the dealer they were discontionued in
1995 - lets see where this guy gets one from... I would rather
take my off every time I give the car to someone... good luck!

accordlx
06-20-2002, 06:03 PM
I think the Firestone guy is going to get a real shocker when he tries to find one. The did stop making them in the mid ninetys. He might be able to find one at a dealer in Guam or something but he is going to pay handsomely for it. I think that the center armrest was about $250 new when you could get em'.

SteveDX89
06-20-2002, 06:05 PM
Accordlx, I like that steering wheel, what it from? Also are those Pontiac Bonneville seats?

Bassman
06-21-2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by SteveDX89
Accordlx, I like that steering wheel, what it from? Also are those Pontiac Bonneville seats?

Those are Mazda 626 seats. Look at his website (http://home.insight.rr.com/mccorvey1/) and click "modifications."

monsonhonda
06-24-2002, 04:53 PM
bow down to yer god, heh yeah right, but i mean check this out, its the center armrest, for an arm, or leg for that matter
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=4DR+SEI&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=CONSOLE+%28SEI%29+%282%29
long ass link

peace

fussell

accordlx
06-24-2002, 05:55 PM
Now call em' and ask if they have it in stock. If I were a bettin' man, I would say NO!

monsonhonda
06-25-2002, 03:03 PM
their usually pretty up to date on if they have the items, the ones they dont have they show in the picture but dont give a listing,

89accordlxi
06-25-2002, 06:12 PM
I have to be the luckiest guy today. I finally found a center armrest. The whole center console as a matter of fact(including cup holder). I got the whole thing for only $75. It was in totally great shape. I can't believe my luck..:p
It was the only accord the junk yard and it just happened to be an SE-I. I am going back later this week to get the front leather seats and rear disk brakes so I can do the conversion.
I will install arm rest tomorrow and have pics in Pics section.

Just thought I'd share. :D

Peace out....