PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Distributor issue.

k-roy
09-16-2003, 09:32 PM
I was driving home the other night when a fucked up thing happened, my car died and would not restart. It ended up that the two screws that hold on the distributor cap had come loose and the cap was partially off. The rotor had shredded the inside of the cap. The messed up part is before I figured it out it would occasionally fire, witch sent a wave of backpressure up the intake manifold and blew off the vaccum caps on the manifold (as per the instructions on removing vaccum lines). So after I walked a mile to and from the parts store for the cap and rotor and installed them. The car would run, only above 3000rpm. So I said screw it and decided to drive to the store. I had to drive a mile at 25mph in first gear, witch managed to get me pulled over. The cop gave me a messed up look and response when I explained the situation to her. She decided to let me go and "not to do that again". After I replaced th plugs it was running like a champ again. I just wanted to warn others to ocassionally tighten the screws to the cap so the same thing does not happen to them.:werd: