PDA

View Full Version : wasn't sure....

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-17-2003, 07:48 AM
wasn't sure if this could go here. it's an appearance thing but it's also a stereo thing. anyway, i was just in my car taking a nap (i'm at school) and i got to looking at my pioneer 6x9's. i kinda picked at the black mesh covering and it popped off on the passenger side speaker. i thought it was interesting so i took off the other one. i think it looks cool, because you see more of the mechanical side of the speakers rather than the mesh. while i was looking at them i noticed some stuff on both of them. it was the same pattern, kinda oval starting from the center where the piece comes up. it looked like dried dirt or even rust, WTF?!?! i kinda rubbed it to see if it would come off, but it didn't. is this something that is common or are my speakers screwed? TIA, i may get pics later.

cdscowboy
09-18-2003, 02:49 AM
Get pics!

jlaccord89lxi
09-19-2003, 01:16 PM
if its just the speaker grill your talking about then don't worry about them getting rust...its just the grill. Rip off the ugly mesh stuff and paint them black or something like that. they look good without the mesh.

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-20-2003, 08:21 AM
it's not the mesh, it's the cone. i think that's what the part of the speaker is. the part that jumps and bumps when you move major bass through it. i took the pics, but they suck. there is just too much sun and i don't have a good shaded area to go to.