PDA

View Full Version : Engine boggs and almost stalls out! How Do I fix This?

BootMachine
09-17-2003, 12:06 PM
When the engine is cold and I first start it I push the gas to the floor and it stalls out, sputters and backfires until I lift my foot.

This ONLY happens when the engine is cold (I never bring the revs up too high when its cold though) and it goes away when the engine is warmed up!

I have no check engine codes, no PGM-FI light WTF?

Its kinda annoying when I'm comming outta the parking lot early in the morning. I gotta watch how much gas I give it or the engine just boggs.

When I floor it when its cold it does not actually stop rotating it makes a sound like this..

At Idle.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (no intake and no exhaust)

When I floor it the rpms drop BOAAAAAAH and it sputters, puck, puck puck, spit, puck , spit SHOT GUN OUT THE BACK POW!

I lift off the gas and the rpms return to 800 where I set the idle and all is well. Once the engine comes up to temp...problem goes away..I floor it and the revs jump up quick!

A20A 330 000..burns no oil!

danronian
09-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Mine did that when it had a broken plug wire. It could be more then that but mine did it more when it was cold to, so it is at least worth a try.

shepherd79
09-18-2003, 04:00 AM
first of all, you guys have EFi, which means when you start the car on cold or hot day you don't have to touch gas pedal at all. the computer should do it for you. it will move the choke to the position is should be. the car should start up right away.