PDA

View Full Version : koni red installation setup??

mykwikcoupe
09-17-2003, 07:04 PM
So I got my konis in today and was looking at the little diagrams int he box about setup and all. I am running sprint springs which are 66% over front and 192% over rear.

Jim said to turn the rod all the way to the firmer setting but then teres a H, H+, H++ setting also. It looks as though this for towing or a rig with weight limitations.

My question is should I leave the spring perch on the normal H setting and can I adjust the firmness from the allen key on the top of the rod after the strut is installed or would I have to take it back out to adjust the setting?

Thanks Mike

AZmike
09-17-2003, 09:42 PM
The struts need to be removed to change the rebound adjustment. They can only be adjusted when fully compressed unless you have Koni reassemble them with an external adjuster.

The height adjustment is up to you. The lower position is equivalent to stock (if I remember right) so your springs should end up closer to their advertised drop. I chose the higher setting since I didn't want my car so sit much lower in the rear and screw my camber up (I was installing different springs at the same time). With 1.1" drop I had .5 degrees negative camber so I was pleased with how it turned out.